Hello.. How is everyone doing? Today I am posting a recipe which is normally made for fasting. It is basic recipe very easy to make and very yummy. This recipe is very common during the fasting months of “Shraavan” and on other days of fasting. This hardly takes 10 mins to make and is yummy. I love this dish so I do not wait for fasting days I make it anytime for breakfast or lunch. Tapioca Sago is full of carbohydrates hence it is normally advised to have it for breakfast so that it is digested easily. Lets check out the recipe.
Tapioca Sago/Sabudana- 1 cup
Peanuts – 1/2 cup
Boiled Potatoes- 2 large
Green Chilli- 2 pieces
Curry Leaves- 5-6 pieces
Cumin/Jeera- 2 tsp
Sugar- 1 tsp
Water for Soaking- 1 1/2 cup
Lemon juice- 1 lemon
Coriander (finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
Oil or Ghee/clarified butter – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
1) Soak the Tapioca Sago/Sabudana for 6-7 hours.
2) After 6-7 hours check the tapioca sago/sabudana it will have soaked up all the water and will ave swollen in size and it will have become soft. Drain the water if any left after 6-7 hours.
3) Roast the peanuts till light brown in color. Now crush the roasted peanuts in a mixture grinder. Do not make a fine powder keep it semi crushed.
4) Chop the potatoes into cubes.
5) In a pan take some oil or ghee/clarified butter (do not use regular butter). Once it becomes bit warm add the cumin and let it crackle. Now add the green chilli (finely chopped or slit into half vertically) and the curry leaves.
6) Now add the soaked tapioca sago/sabudana, crushed peanuts (as made in step 3), salt, sugar, potatoes and mix well.
7) After mixing well add the lemon juice and finely chopped coriander at the end.
8) Serve hot with tea/coffee.
I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with #MyFriendAlexa challenge by blogchatter.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/