Hey guys! The recipe I am posting today is made using Soya chunks, you can substitute soya chunks with granules also and in that case you need not grind the soya. Soya is full of proteins and many people do not like the taste of soya but try out this kheema recipe with pav/bread and you will love it. Lets get cooking….
Soya chunks – 1 cup
Onions (finely chopped) – 3 medium
Tomatoes (finely chopped) – 3 medium
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Green chilies (finely chopped) – 3 chilies
Oil – 2 tbsp
Jeera/Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder/Haldi powder – 1 tsp
Kashmiri red chilly powder – 1 tbsp
Cumin-Coriander powder/Dhania-Jeera powder – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala powder – 2 tsp
Anardana powder – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 lemon
Kasturi methi – 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Asafotida/hing – 1/4 tsp
Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1 medium
Water to boil the soya chunks
Water – 1 and 1/2 cups
Salt as per taste
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
1. In a pan/bowl heat the water. Once it comes to boil add the soya chunks in it and let it boil for a minute. After a minute switch off the gas and cover the pan. Let the soya chunks cook for 10 minutes. After ten minutes drain the water and let the chunks cool down. Once they have cooled down grind it in a grinder roughly without using water.
2. In a kadhai/pan/wok take the oil and let it become warm to this add the hing and cumin seeds and let them crackle. Now add the green chilies and saute for a few seconds.
3. Now add the onions and saute till they turn little brown. To this add the ginger and garlic paste and saute. Now add the tomatoes and capsicum and saute for few seconds.
4. To this add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, dhania-jeera powder and mash and mix it all together. Let it cook till the mixture leaves oil.
5. Once the mixture leaves oil add the grind soya and mix it all well. To this add the salt, anardana powder, sugar, tomato ketchup and water and mix it all well. Finally add the garam masala, kasturi methi and lemon juice and cover and cook on low flame for five minutes.
6. Switch off the gas after 5 minutes and add the coriander leaves. Serve hot garnished with onions and pav/breads.