Hello!! Methi Mutter Malai is a very delicious, rich in flavor and creamy curry. The word “Fenugreek” is said to have been derived from the Latin language and literally means “Greek hay”. It is commonly referred with the names “Kasoori Methi” (Hindi), “Menthi Koora” (Telugu), “Methi Saag” (Bengali), “Venthikaya Keera” (Tamil) and “Menthya Soppu” (Malayalam). It is rich in fibre and vitamins. Fenugreek is used in different variations. Dried Fenugreek leaves or Kasuri Methi is used in many curries to enhance the flavor and aroma. Fenugreek Seeds can be used for various health benefits and specially for keeping diabetes and cholesterol at bay. Fresh Fenugreek leaves are normally used to make dishes to be served as main course. The recipe I am posting today is one such main course curry which is basically white gravy and sweet in flavor. It is served as main course with roti/paratha/naan/kulcha. It is very simpe and easy t make and is absolutely delicious.
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 5-6 cloves
Green Chilly – 3 ( if using the spicy dark green chilly then only 2)
Coriander Powder – 1 tbsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Clarified Butter/Ghee – 1 tbsp
Jeera/Cumin – 1 tsp
Asafoetida/Hing – 1 tsp
Onions – 4 medium sized
Cashews – 3 tbsp
Watermelon Seeds/Magajtari – 3 tbsp
Cloves – 3 -4 pieces
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Methi/Fresh Fenugreek Leaves – 150 grams
Malai/Cream – 4 tbsp
Elaichi Powder/cardamon powder – 1 tsp
Cheese (grated) – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
Milk -1/4 cup
Green Peas/Mutter (Boiled) – 1 1/2 cup
Water for boiling – 3 cups
Lukewarm water for soaking – 1/2 cup
1) Boil the onions in an open vessel in water. Once done puree the boiled onions, cloves, cinnamon, ginger, garlic and green chilly together. Keep aside.
2) Soak the cashew and watermelon seeds in lukewarm water for around 10 minutes. After 10 minutes grind the cashew, watermelon seeds and the malai/cream together into a fine paste.
3) Wash the fresh methi leaves thoroughly and chop them roughly.
3) In a deep wok take the ghee and add the asafoetida and jeera/cumin in it and let it splutter. Once done add the onion puree as prepared and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the cashew paste as prepared and let them cook for 5 minutes.
4) After 5 minutes add the cumin-coriander powder, garam masala, sugar, salt, elaichi powder (cardamon powder) and the chopped methi leaves and let it cook for 5 minutes more minutes.
5) At this stage add the milk and mix well. Add the milk and cheese into the gravy directly and mix it. Finally add the boiled green peas and cover and cook for 2 -3 minutes.
6) Switch of the gas and serve hot with paratha/naan/kulcha.
I am taking my alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa.