Hey all!! I have been waiting to try the recipe of yeast free bread and finally tried one after many trials and errors. The first time I made it my bread refused to puff up and thus giving me a lesson on where I was wrong. This recipe worked very well and my bread puffed up perfectly. The tutti frutti I used in this recipe is also home made, I will posting the recipe for it soon. The bread is very fluffly, soft and without a doubt tasty and with tutti frutti in it even kids will love it. So lets get baking……
Wheat Flour – 1 cup
All purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
Curd – 3/4 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Tutti Frutti – 1/2 cup
Milk Powder – 2 tbsp
Milk – 1 tbsp
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Eno/Fruit Salt- 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
1) Sieve together the wheat flour and maida/all purpose flour.
2) In a bowl take the curd and mix in the sugar. Mix together till the sugar melts completely. Now add the baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
3) Add the milk powder in the flour mixture. After 5 minutes the curd will have risen. Now add the flour mixture in batches and mix well. After adding all the flour add the milk, oil, salt and tutti frutti to the mixture and mix it well. There should be no lumps. It will not be like a dough but will be thick batter consistency. Finally add the eno/fruit salt and mix it.
5) Pour this batter in a rectangular greased and dusted tin and bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes.
6) After removing from oven apply some butter on top so that the outer layer remains smooths and shiny.
7) Un-mould once cool and serve with tea/coffee or jam. This bread tastes very yummy with strawberry jam. For my homemade Jam recipe click on the link below: