Hey all!! The recipe I am posting today is a sweet farsan/snack recipe. Farsan is something we gujjus love having with our breakfast which is basically a snack. Its like a side dish of our breakfast. You can carry these on your long road trips also. It is made out of wheat flour and all purpose flour with the sweetness of sugar and deep fried on slow flame in oil for the crunchiness. So without any further ado lets get cooking then…..
Wheat Flour – 1 cup
All purpose flour/Maida – 1 cup
Semolina/Rava- 1/4 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda/Soda bi carb – 1/4 tsp
Ghee/Clarified Butter – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Oil for frying
1) In a deep pan take the sugar and water and let it boil till the sugar dissolves completely. Let it boil for 10 minutes once the sugar dissolves. Switch off the gas and keep it aside.
2) In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients i.e. the flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and semolina. Now add the ghee/clarified butter and crumble well with the dry ingredients.
3) Now knead the dough using the sugar syrup prepared in step 1. The dough should be little hard.
4) Keep aside for half an hour.
5) After half an hour make three big balls out of the dough and roll using a rolling pin into circle of 8-9 inches. Cut it diagonally and roll out rest of the balls and make such pieces out of all the rolled out doughs.
6) In a deep pan oil and let it become warm on slow flame. Once warm fry all the pieces as prepared above on low flame so it cooks well from inside and crispy from the outside. Store these in an airtight container and have it as and when you want.