Hey!!! Today am posting a healthy, tasty, easy and light recipe made of split green moong dal (chilka) i.e. split green moong dal with skin dosa/pancake which you can have for dinner and breakfast also. It is a very easy dish to make and the dosas are very tasty. The ingredients are simple and with a little pre-preparation it is very easy dish to make. I have made it with a little twist using my homemade schezwan chutney and cheese. You can pack it for kids also in tiffin. A perfect light and healthy food item. Try it for sure….
Green Moong Dal (Chilka) – 1 cup
Semolina- 1/2 cup
Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste- 2 tbsp
Onion (finely chopped)- 1 medium size
Curd/Buttermilk- 1/2 cup
Schezwan Chutney- 2 – 4 tbsp
Grated cheese – 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
Water for batter- approx 1 1/2 cups
1. Soak the split moong dal for 6-7 hours.
2. In a blender grind the soaked spilt moong dal with 2 – 3 tbsp of water.
3. Add semolina, salt, ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and curd/buttermilk.
4. Add the remaining water and form the batter. The consistency of the batter should be flowy, not too thick and not too watery, like a dosa batter.
5. If the batter appears thick add some water to get the consistency.
6. Let this batter rest for half an hour.
7. Switch on the gas and keep on low flame. Once the non stick tawa/pan becomes warm spread the batter using a ladle. Drizzle some oil on sides. Let it cook on low flame on one side. Spread some schezwan chutney on the upper side and sprinkle grated cheese. Let it become brown on lower side.
7. Serve hot with chutney of choice.