Hey guys the recipe I am posting today is a tasty pakoda recipe and a street food. Perfect for the up coming rainy cravings. So let’s get cooking…
Boiled Potatoes – 5 medium
Onions (finely chopped) – 2 large
Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Green chillies (finely chopped) – 2-3 pieces
Schezwan chutney – 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1/2 cup
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Bread – 10 slices
Chana atta/Gram Flour/ Besan – 1 and 1/2 cups
Water for making batter
Turmeric powder – 2 tsp
Oil for frying
Green chutney and sweet chutney to serve with
1. In a wok take the oil. Once it becomes warm add the ginger, garlic paste and add half of the finely chopped onions. Now add the turmeric powder. Saute till translucent. Now add the green chillies.
2. Take it off the gas now add the boiled and mashed potatoes. Add the coriander leaves, garam masala powder, salt and lemon juice and mix it all well. Lastly add the schezwan chutney and mix it well. Keep aside.
3. Make a slightly thick batter using gram flour and water. To this add the turmeric powder and salt.
4. Take a bread slice apply the aloo masala on it. Now cover with another bread slice and press the slices together and seal the edges using little water. Dip the bread in the besan batter and deep fry on high flame.
5. Serve hot with green and sweet imli chutney.
‘This blog post is part of the blog challenge ‘Blogaberry Dazzle’ hosted by Cindy D’Silva and Noor Anand Chawla.’
Leave a Reply