Hey guys! The recipe I am posting today can be made for lunch. It is a very yummy way of serving broccoli. It is very easy and simple to make it. Serve it with roti, paratha or just rice. So lets get cooking….
Broccoli – 200 grams
Yellow bell pepper (diced) – 1 small
Red bell pepper (diced) – 1 small
Green capsicum (diced) – 1 small
Onion (diced) – 1 small
Garlic (finely chopped) – 5-6 cloves
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
Water – 2 cups
Tomatoes (roughly chopped) – 3 medium
Onions (roughly chopped) – 2 medium
Kaju/Cashew – 8 pieces
Kashmiri red chilly (dry) – 4-5 pieces
Garlic cloves – 8
Ginger – 1 inch
Boiled green peas – 1/2 cup
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander-cumin powder – 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
Curd – 1/4 cup
Tomato ketchup – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Grated cheese – 2 cubes
Warm water – 1/4 cup
Water – 3 cups
Butter – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Asafoetida/Hing – 1/ tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Cloves/Laving – 2-3 pieces
Cinnamon – 1 inch
1) Boil 2 cups of water. Blanch the broccoli in the boiling water for 2-3 mins and take it out.
2) In a wok take oil and add the garlic to it. Saute till garlic turns golden brown. Now add the bell peppers, onion and broccoli to this. Add the salt, red chilli powder and black pepper powder and toss the vegetables together. Cook on high flame for 3-5 mins. Keep tossing it. The vegetables will cook but also stay crunchy.
1) Take 3 cups of water. To this add the tomatoes, onions, kaju, garlic cloves, ginger and kashmiri chilli (de-seed it) and let it boil till cooked. This will take around 10 mins. Now strain it and let it cool. Grind it into a fine paste once cooled down.
2) In a wok take the butter and oil and let it become warm. Now add the hing, cumin seeds, cloves/laving and cinnamon to it. Once seeds crackle add the above prepared gravy/paste. Now add the kashmiri red chilli powder, haldi powder, cumin-coriander powder, curd and salt and mix it all well. Once the oil starts to float on top add the above stir fried vegetables and boiled green peas to this. Now add ketchup, garam masala powder, grated cheese, salt and slightly crush the kasri methi and add it. Mix it all well. Cover and cook on low flame for 2-3 mins. Finall add the warm water to adjust the consistency and mix it.
3) Garnish with chopped coriander and grated cheese.