Hey guys! This is another recipe using palak and it is very simple to make. If you are tired of eating the same palak paneer recipe I have posted many other palak recipes before. This dal is very delicious also and anyone can make it with readily available ingredients. Serve it hot with rice or paratha. Lets get cooking…
Palak/Spinach – 500 grams
Yellow moong dal – 1 and 1/2 cups
Onion (finely chopped) – 1 large
Tomato (finely chopped) – 1 large
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Garlic paste – 2 tsp
Asafoetida/Hing – 1/4 tsp
Jeera/cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin-coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1) Finely chop the palak/spinach. Soak the yellow moong dal for an hour.
2) In a wok take oil and let it become warm. Add the hing and jeera to this and let them crackle.
3) Now add the ginger and garlic paste and saute for few seconds. Now add the onions and saute till brown.
4) Now add the tomato, turmeric powder, cumin-coriander powder, red chili powder and salt to this and mix it well. Let it cook till it starts to leave the oil.
5) Now add the chopped palak and some water to this and let the palak cook till almost done. Now add the soaked yellow moong dal to this and some more water till the dal and palak completely submerged and cover the wok.
6) Let the dal cook on medium flame till it becomes soft. Now add the garam masala powder and lemon juice to this dal and mix it well. Switch off the gas and cover and keep for 10 minutes. Serve hot with rice or paratha.
This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon.
By Blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/