Hello!!! The recipe for choco orange cake is very simple and the cake is very delicious. The filling I have used orange crush, which is easily available in any store. The base of the cake is chocolate and the filling is orange with orange flavored whipped cream. Keeping it very simple I have not used much in the filling but if you want you can add some choco chips or orange jam or orange jelly pieces in the filling. So lets get baking…
Milkmaid/Condensed Milk- 250 gms
Unsalted Butter- 75 gms
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda/Soda Bi Carb- 1/2 tsp
All Purpose Flour/Maida- 250 gms
Orange Essence- 1 tsp
Milk- 1 cup
Whipping cream – 250 gms
Orange Essence- 3-4 drops
For Sugar Syrup:
Water – 1/2 cup
Sugar- 3 tbsp
Orange essence – 2 drops
Orange Crush – 1/2 cup (approximately)
1) In a mixing bowl take the milkmaid and butter and beat well. The butter should be at room temperature.
2) Now add the baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Cover the bowl and leave aside for five minutes.
3) In another bowl sieve the all purpose flour.
4) Add this flour gradually in the milkmaid mixture and keep mixing till there are no lumps. If the mixture feels stiff add milk gradually. The batter should be of pouring consistency and there should be no lumps.
5) Add the orange essence and mix well.
6) Take the baking tin and rub some oil in the tin. Now dust the tin using the all purpose flour.
7) Pour the batter in the tin. Take care that the batter should not be more than half of the height of the tin. The batter should be half of the tin or less then half only then it will have space to rise properly.
8) Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30 mins. Once done check by inserting pin/toothpick in the center if it comes out clean then the sponge is ready.
1) In a deep vessel add the whipping cream. Remember the whipping cream should be chilled. You can use any brand whipping cream.
2) Start whipping the cream using electric beater. Initially start with speed 1 then go to maximum speed. Beat the cream till it form hard peaks. The entire time the cream is whipped it should be chilled. If it is summer season place the vessel in which you are whipping the cream in a wider vessel containing ice cubes and maintain the chilled temperature of the cream.
3) Once whipped the cream will double in volume.
4) In the whipped cream add orange essence. Do not mix the whipped cream vigorously as it will become loose. Mix gently by using a spatula.
1) Cut the cake horizontally in two halves.
2) Soak the layer using sugar syrup.
3) Add the whipped cream on one half and spread the strawberry crush. Now sandwich the filling by adding some more whipped cream on top and place the other half of the cake on top. Repeat the same in next layer. Finally cover the entire sponge from the outer side completely with cream using palette knife and keep in fridge for 15 mins. I have made only one layer you can make two layers also.
4) Decorate as desired and leave the cake in the fridge for at least an hour for setting. I have decorated using orange crusha nd chocolate ganache. Serve chilled.
I am taking my alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa.
Leave a Reply