Hi all!! Sabudana is normally used in fasting recipes, however this recipe is not a fasting recipe but that of a starter. Sabudana is such a versatile ingredient when added in any starter i.e. pattice or vada they blend very well and enhance the flavor. I love using sabudana in many recipes I use them even in making Khichiya Papad at home. This starter is quite simple to make and yet different from your regular starters. It is delicious and serve it on a platter with chutney and any mocktail. So lets get cooking…..
Sabudana/Sago – 1 cup
Paneer/Cottage Cheese (grated) – 70 grams
Green Peas (boiled and mashed) – 1 cup
Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1 medium
Onion (finely chopped) – 1 medium
Potato (boiled and grated) – 1 large
Corn (boiled) – 1/2 cup
Piri Piri Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
Bread Crumbs – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Oil for shallow frying
1) Semi crush the corn. In a mixing bowl add the sabudana, potato, paneer, capsicum, onion, semi crushed corn and green peas and mix and mash all together properly.
2) Now add the piri piri powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, salt and lemon juice and mix all together.
3) Apply small oil in your palms and make small tikkis out of this mixture and keep it in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
4) Take a non stick pan and add 2-3 tbsp oil in it. After 15 minutes remove the tikkis and roll in bread crumbs by slightly pressing the crumbs to the tikkis and shallow fry the tikkis in this oil till golden from both sides.
5) Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/