Hey all!! Paneer Masala is a basic gravy made with paneer. It does not require too many ingredients and can be made easily. The recipe I am posting is without onion and garlic hence if you have guests over who do not have onion and garlic this is a perfect quick fix. Even without onion and garlic this gravy is very tasty. Lets get cooking…
Paneer/Cottage Cheese – 250 grams
Tomatoes – 6 large
Watermelon Seeds – 1 tbsp
Kaju/ Cashew Nuts – 1/4 cup
Kashmiri red chilli (whole) – 4 pieces
Fennel Seeds/ Saunf – 1 tsp
Dhania/Coariander Seeds – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander-Cumin/Dhania-Jeera Powder – 2 tbsp
Milk – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tbsp
Capsicum (Chopped) – 1 large
Jeera/Cumin – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Water – 1/2 cup
Oil and Ghee – 1-1 tbsp
Asafoetida/Hing – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves for garnishing
1) De-seed the kashmiri red chillies and soak them in lukewarm water alongwith fennel seeds, kaju and watermelon seeds for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes grind it into a paste. Keep aside.
2) Boil the tomatoes and grind them into a paste. Chop the paneer into square pieces of desired size.
3) In a wok take the oil and ghee and then add the hing and jeera. Once the jeera crackles add the capsicum and saute for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the tomato paste to this and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Now add the red chilli powder, dhania-jeera powder and salt and cover it and cook till the oil separates.
5) Once the oil starts to separate add the red chilli and cashew paste to this. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes. Then add the milk, sugar and mix it in. Now add the water and paneer pieces and cover and cook on low flame for a minute.
6) Serve hot garnish with coriander leaves.
Leave a Reply