Hi!! What better way to start your morning than with this tasty and easy recipe of Rava Uttapam!! What I love about these rava uttapams is that they can be made instantly without soaking overnight and taste really good. They are healthy and wholesome. I have made them using some different flavors so that it appeals to kids also. You can make these uttapams for kids tiffin also just top it with grated cheese and see them disappear. These can beaten for breakfast or dinner also. After a long tired day if you are looking for a simple and easy recipe then Rava Uttapam is the best option. So lets get cooking….
Rava/Semolina – 2 cups
Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Onions (finely chopped) – 2 large
Tomatoes (finely chopped) – 2 small
Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1 large
Italian Seasoning – 1 tsp
Piri Piri Powder – 1 tbsp
Fresh Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
Salt – 2 tsp
Buttermilk/Curd (little sour if possible) – 1/2 cup
Water – 1- 2 cups
1) In a bowl mix together rava, rice flour, salt and italian seasoning. In this mixture add the buttermilk/curd and water and mix it all well to form batter. The batter should not be too watery. If you have time you can keep the batter to rest for half an hour to one hour if not you can use it immediately also.
2) In another bowl mix together the onions, tomatoes, capsicum and fresh coriander leaves. In this add the piri piri powder and mix well.
3) Heat cast iron tava (dosa tawa) or non-stick tawa over medium flame. Add few drops of oil on hot tawa and spread it.
4) When tawa is ready, pour one laddle batter and spread it in round shape by gently rotating the ladle in clockwise direction making sure that batter spread is slightly thicker than a batter spread for Dosa.
5) Add the topping as made in step 2 on top and gently press it in the batter. Drizzle oil on the outer sides and let it cook from one. After 5 minutes flip on the other side and cook on the side with toppings gently press while cooking this side so that the toppings are embedded in the uttapam properly and become crisp.
6) Serve hot with chutney or tomato ketchup.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/