One more monsoon recipe is here. The monsoons are infamous for the bhajiyas/fritters. There is no household which does not demand bhajiya/fritters during monsoon. Specially while it rains it is a tradition in my house to have piping hot bhajiya/fritters with hot chai/tea or coffee. So here is one more variety of bhajiya/fritter. Mixed dal bhajiyas/fritters are easy to make and yummy. So lets check out the recipe and enjoy the monsoons with these yummy and tasty fritters…
Split Green Moong Dal/Chilka Green Dal – 1 cup
Yellow Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
Raw rice – 3 tbsp
Chopped Onion- 1 cup
Besan Atta/Gramflour- 3 tbsp
Rava/Semolina – 1/4 cup
Fresh Coriander Leaves (Chopped) – 3-4 tbsp
Whole Coriander Seeds – 1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Green Chilli Paste- 2 tbsp
Chat Masala- 1 tsp
Salt to Taste
Water as required but roughly 2-4 tbsp
Oil for frying
1) Soak the three dals and rice for 5 hours.
2) Strain and semi crush the soaked dals and rice in a mixie jar using 2 tbsp water.
3) In a bowl take the semi crushed dals and rice mixture, chopped onions, ginger garlic green chille paste, chat masala, gram flour , semolina, coriander leaves, whole coriander seeds and salt and mix it all gently. Leave aside for 10 minutes.
4) After 10 mins add 1 tbsp of water to make the batter little thin if required. The batter should be medium thick, not too flowly so as to drop in the oil without breaking apart.
5) In a deep bottom vessel add oil and let it become hot. You can check the consistency of the oil by adding little of the fritter/bhajiya batter. If it comes up immediately the oil is ready.
6) Now add the fritters/bhajiya in the hot oil by using a spoon or your hands in small amounts. Let it cook well. The flame should be medium.
7) Serve hot with tomato ketchup or chutney or dip and do not forget tea or coffee.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/