Hey guys!! Hows it going? Today am posting the recipe for a healthy oats recipe. It is tasty and delicious and you can make this for tiffin also. The idli turns out soft and fluffy and I have spiced up my recipe using my homemade schezwan chutney for recipe click on the link below
Lets get cooking this healthy and tasty recipe..
Powdered Oats – 1 cup
Rava/Semolina- 1/4 cup
Curd – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 – 2 cups
Grated Dudhi/Bottle Gourd – 1/2 cup
Onions (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
Spinach (finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
Ginger/Green Chilli Paste- 1 tsp
Schezwan Chutney- 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Fruit salt/Eno/Soda bi Carb- 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
1) In a bowl take the powdered oats and rava and mix well. Now add the salt and curd and 1 cup water and mix well. Keep aside for half an hour.
2) After half an hour check the batter. If it has become thick add the remaining water and mix well.
3) Now add the salt, schezwan chutney, dudhi, onions, palak and ginger-green chilli paste and mix all together.
4) For tempering take the oil. Once it becomes warm add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let them splutter. Once they splutter take it off the gas and add it to the batter prepared above.
5) Finally add the fruit salt/eno and mix it.
6) Grease the idli stand and add the batter in the idli slots. Let it cook for 15 mins on high flame.
7) Serve hot with schezwan chutney.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/