Hey guys … I tried this recipe for the first time for my Husband’s birthday. My husband has always been my first test subject for any new recipes that I try. This one was tried and tested for his birthday and thankfully everyone loved it. Now he always has a demand for red velvet cheese cake. The flavor of this cake is so rich and cheesy you will love it at the first bite. I use strawberry flavor in my cream you can try mixed fruit or vanilla also. I have made a double floor cake as it was for the birthday. The lower cake base is vanilla flavor and the upper cake is cheese flavored. The cream in both the layers in strawberry cheese flavor. So lets binge on this yummy cake.
Milkmaid/Condensed Milk- 200 gms
Unsalted Butter- 75 gms
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda/Soda Bi Carb- 1/2tsp
All Purpose Flour/Maida- 150 gms
Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
Red Color- 1/2 tsp
Milk- As required
Milkmaid/Condensed Milk- 100 gms
Unsalted Butter- 35 gms
Baking Powder- 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda/Soda Bi Carb- 1/4tsp
All Purpose Flour/Maida- 100 gms
Cheese Essence- 1 tsp
Red Color- 1/2 tsp
Milk- As required
For icing (in both the cakes):
Whipping cream – 250 gms
Strawberry Essence- 2 tsp
Cream Cheese- 75 gms
1) In a mixing bowl take the milkmaid and butter and beat well. The butter should be at room temperature.
2) Now add the baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Cover the bowl and leave aside for five minutes.
3) In another bowl sieve the all purpose flour.
4) Add this flour gradually in the milkmaid mixture and keep mixing till there are no lumps. If the mixture feels stiff add milk gradually. The batter should be of pouring consistency and there should be no lumps.
5) Add the essence and mix well (In case of upper floor add cheese essence and in lower floor add vanilla essence).
6) Take the baking tin and rub some oil in the tin. Now dust the tin using the all purpose flour.
7) Pour the batter in the tin. Take care that the batter should not be more than half of the height of the tin. The batter should be half of the tin or less then half only then it will have space to rise properly.
8) Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 25 mins. Once done check by inserting pin/toothpick in the center if it comes out clean then the sponge is ready.
1) In a deep vessel add the whipping cream. Remember the whipping cream should be chilled. You can use any brand whipping cream.
2) Start whipping the cream using electric beater. Initially start with speed 1 then go to maximum speed. Beat the cream till it form hard peaks. The entire time the cream is whipped it should be chilled. If it is summer season place the vessel in which you are whipping the cream in a wider vessel containing ice cubes and maintain the chilled temperature of the cream.
3) Once whipped the cream will double in volume.
4) In the whipped cream add the cream cheese and strawberry essence. Mix gently by using a spatula.
6) Keep the cream in the fridge for chilling. The whipped cream should at all time be in the fridge only remove how much required and use.
1) Cut the cake horizontally in two halves.
2) Add the whipped chocolate cream and sandwich by the other half. Cover the entire sponge from the outer side completely with the whipped cream using palette knife and keep in fridge for 15 mins.
3) In case of upper cake i have used non flavored gel with red color mixed in it and covered the entire upper cake with this gel.
4) Leave the cake in the fridge for an hour for setting.
5) Place the upper cake on the lower cake in the center carefully without disturbing the icing. Serve chilled.
I AM TAKING MY ALEXA RANK TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH BLOGCHATTER’S #MYFRIENDALEXA.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/