Hey guys! Reading the title please do not think this is vrat/upwaas dish. This is not for vrat/upwaas, it is a finger food/ starter which can be served for your kitty party or guests and it will be loved by people of all ages. The vada can be made and kept in fridge and fry it immediately before serving. The key is to serve it hot. So lets get cooking…
For the sabudana vada:
Sabudana/Sago – 2 cups
Boiled potatoes – 4 medium
Cornflour – 4 tbsp
Roasted peanut powder – 1/2 cup
Garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Green chilly (finely chopped)- 3 pieces
Kashmiri red chilly powder – 2 tsp
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
Powdered sugar – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
Grated Paneer – 200 grams
Grated cheese – 1/4 cup
Green chilly paste – 1 tsp
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Chat masala – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1 tbsp
Oil for deep frying
Oil for greasing
Bread crumbs/cornflour for coating
For sabudana vada:
Wash and soak the sabudana for 6-8 hours. In a bowl take all the ingredients for the sabudana vada and mash and mix it. Make it into a tight dough.
In a mixing bowl take all the ingredients for stuffing and mix it well. Bring it all together and make it dough like consistency.
You can make this and keep it in fridge beforehand.
For final bombs:
1) Take small portion from the sabudana vada dough and roll it in your palms and make balls(grease your palms with oil.
2) Take small portion from the stuffing and roll it between your palms and make smaller balls (smaller than the vada balls) from it.
3) Take the sabudana balls and flatten it a little in your palms. Stuff it with the stuffing balls in between and pinch from top and cover the stuffing completely. roll it lightly in your palm to make it smooth and cover cracks.
4) Make all sabudana bombs this way. Roll these in cornflour/bread crumbs roughly and keep it in fridge for atleast 10 minutes (you can keep it longer also if you have time).
5) Heat the oil for deep frying. Once hot reduce flame to medium. Fry the bombs till golden brown. Serve hot.