Methi Bhajiya/Fritters

Hey guys! The recipe I am posting today is a perfect recipe for the winters. The piping hot fritters/bhajiya are made using fresh fenugreek and onions and the spices used are ground. It is spicy and soft from center and outside. It is not crispy but a soft ball of taste. Have it hot with tea and some garlic chutney. The ingredients used are very simple and the process is so simple. It makes a perfect evening snack. So lets get cooking..

Ingredients:

Amchur powder – 1 tsp

Soda bi carb – 1/4 tsp

Gram flour/Besan – 1 cup

Rice flour – 2 tbsp

Salt as per taste

Oil for frying

Water for making batter (approx 1 and 1/2 cups)

Method:

1) In a bowl take the fenugreek, onions, coriander leaves, besan, rice flour, black pepper, coriander seeds, green chilly, ginger, garlic and amchur. Mix it all well. Add the water slowly till it forms into a slightly runny batter. Make this batter little runny to get the soft texture of the fritters. Once all is mixed add the soda bi carb.

2) In a pan take the oil and let it become hot. Keep the flame on medium. Now drop the batter in the oil using a spoon. Let it cook till golden brown.

3) Serve hot with garlic chutney.

This blog post is part of the blog challenge ‘Blogaberry Dazzle’ hosted by Cindy D’Silva and Noor Anand Chawla, and happily SPONSORED BY RRE Studios and SHOWCASE Events.

56 Comments Add yours

1. timble123 says:

This good for the winter . Also all the ingredients are there in most household.

1. shail says:

Yes indeed! A perfect snack for winters…

2. Alpana Deo says:

I really want to have that plate of bhajiya. Methi bhajia is winters is a treat along with fresh chutney. I also add rice flour to the batter. It gives nice crunch and texture.

1. shail says:

Even I love having these fritters during winters or even for rainy season. They are soft from inside as I make a thin batter like goli bajji.

3. Desicart says:

These are simple and fast to prepare and everyone enjoyed them!

4. I have tried similar bhajia with palak. Rice flour add crispiness so even I add to my bhajias . ..will try methi one for sure.

1. shail says:

Do try it! They taste great.

5. Harjeet Kaur says:

I love anything with methi. These methi pakoras must be really tasty. I am going to try these, Shail. Dont the pakoras turn out hard? You added rice flour..that makes them crisp, isnt it?

1. shail says:

No they don’t turn out hard at all. The batter has to be bit loose it becomes like a goli baji soft from inside and little crispy from the outside. Try them you will love it.

Liked by 1 person

6. Dr. Surbhi Prapanna says:

your recipe remind me gujrati recipe “Methi na gota”, my in laws belongs to Gujrat and my mother in law used to make methi na gota during winter a lot. indeed a mouth watering recipe.

1. shail says:

Thanks a lot! It is somewhat like methi na gota. Though in Gita the masalas used are bit different. We make both gota and these bhajiyas.

7. Fritters are my favourite, and methi fritters are really good for winters, we also make palak bhajiyas.

1. shail says:

Thats great! Even we make palak bhajiyas sometimes.

8. Ritu says:

These bhajiya look so tempting! Winters is the best time for all the greens and methi is a favorite. We love the pakoris and bhajiyas and I will try your recipe soon.

1. shail says:

Thanks a lot! Do try it out!

9. Monidipa Dutta says:

I love methi bhajiyas and this recipe is super yummy… I prefer them during winter and also during monsoon season..

Thanks a lot!

10. Sivaranjini Anandan says:

Soft crispy and yummy thanks for the recipe would make once. 😊

1. shail says:

Thanks a lot! Do try it!

11. Vasumathi says:

I love bhajia or bajjis as we call them in the south. Usually we make with stuffing of raw bananas or onions or the big light green chillis. I have tried with palak too which i liked. This sounds yummy too with methi….usually I have some left over after making methi roti. Will be sure to try it for a chai session with friends. Thanks for the recipe Sahil!

1. shail says:

Thanks a lot! Do try out the recipe, I am sure u will love it! 😀😀. A very common mistake people make with my name it’s Shail!😀😀

12. Prerna Wahi says:

Thanks for sharing this recipe and the tips. I am craving these and will try them out soon!

Thanks a lot!

13. Sonia Madaan says:

Pakodas or bhajiyas are common in winters especially nowadays when it’s cloudy too. I often prepare methi and pyazz pakoras. I love the crispy methi pakodas. BTW why soda? May I know the secret😊

1. shail says:

That’s really great! A pinch of soda for this bhajiya ensures it stays soft. The bhajiya here are not crispy from inside they have a soft center a little loose batter and soda gives the desired soft center so that it does feel uncooked and it is soft also.

1. Sonia Madaan says:

Great, thanks for the tip

2. shail says:

Your welcome..😀

14. Vasumathi says:

So sorry Shail….I read it right and thought what a unique name it was. Don’t know if I still went ahead & typed it wrong or was it auto corrected 🙂 Will make sure to double-check it going forward!

1. shail says:

Haha that’s ok! Must have been auto correct then. My name has been spelt wrong many times and Sahil is the most common one..😀😀😂

15. Methi is a good source of Iron and we use it very frequently during winters. But I never tried bhajiya with it. I Will sure try it as your recipe is quite tempting.

Thanks a lot! 😀

16. This post took me to my childhood. My mom used to make these and we all would gorge on them. A fav snack for a rainy day. 🙂

1. shail says:

That’s great! You can still try it and relive those memories.😀😀

17. This dish seems new to me but your pictures are definitely drool worthy. I’m definitely trying this out sooner

Thanks a lot! 😀😀

18. Abha Mondal says:

I made all kinds of bhajia but methi onion I have never tried. I always make methi paratha in winters but never thought of making fritters. I will try this one for sure.

1. shail says:

Do try it out! Specially during winters hot fritters and tea/ coffrr make a great combination.

Liked by 1 person

1. Abha Mondal says:

Sure.

19. Aha! I am drooling over the delicious images of Methi Bhajiya. Loved your recipe I used to follow the same only the difference is I use Semolina instead of Rice flour to hold the crispiness longer.

1. shail says:

Thanks a lot! Even I use semolina in my other bhajiya recipes.

20. Never tried with Methi, the palak and coriander versions are the common ones.

1. shail says:

Methi also tastes really good. Sort of like methi ka gota but a little different in the masalas used.

21. These Bhajiyas looks super tasty. I love to have bhajiyas anytime. Just today while travelling, we had it. Super delicious.

22. I love an occasional bhajiya platter but have never tried methi fritters before . Will definitely try this on your recommendation

1. shail says:

Do try it! It tastes really good.

23. Bhawna Shah says:

This is mouth watering, it will make the mood when you have a rainy season and plate full of methi bhajia. My MIL used to make it. Well , I will try it in a day or two.

1. shail says:

Thanks a lot! Do try it out..😀

24. Amritha Srinath says:

What a delicious post (just kidding!). I loved the methi bhajiya pictures. They are mouth-watering and so tempting. I am definitely trying your recipe for my evening chai.

1. shail says:

Thanks a lot..do try it out…😀😀

25. Wow methi bhajia is winters along with fresh chutney is definitely a treat .I will try this now for my kids as she doesn’t eat methi otherwise.

1. shail says:

Thanks a lot! Do try it..

26. Supriti says:

These fritters are a favourite in winters with a cup of adrak wali chai. It’s absolute soul food.

Thanks a lot!

27. I love anything with methi. Definately going to try it

1. shail says:

Thanks a lot! Do try it out..