Hey guys!! The recipe I am posting today is a scrumptious and yummy punjabi meal combination. Naan is a type of Indian bread and mixed vegetable is a curry which can be eaten with Naan/Kulcha/Paratha/Roti/Rice. This recipe is very easy to make and once you try it you will love it. It looks an elaborate meal but is so easy to make you can make this curry easily when you have guests as all you need to do is use as many vegetables as you want and add them to spiced tomato curry. Naan is normally made with maida but I have made it using wheat flour and cheese. You can avoid the cheese and just make it plain also. So lets get started.
Wheat Flour- 2 cups
Salt – 1 tsp
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda- 1/4 tsp
Garlic Paste- 1 tsp
White Sesame Seeds- 1 tsp
Lukewarm water – 3/4 cup
Garlic chopped – 3-4 tbsp
Grated processed cheese – 1/2 cup
Butter – 1/4 cup
Oil for kneading
Boiled mixed vegetables (Carrot, Green peas, Potato, French beans, cauliflower) – 250 grams
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Jeera/Cumin – 1 tsp
Asafoetida/Hing – 1 tsp
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
Capsicum (chopped) – 1/2 cup
Boiled Onion puree – 2 medium onions
Boiled Tomato puree – 2 large tomatoes
Malai/Cream – 1/4 tbsp
Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander-Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Kasuri Methi – 1 tsp
Water – 1 cup
Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
1) In a bowl sieve the Wheat flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and salt together. Now mix the garlic paste and white sesame seeds.
2) Add the lukewarm water slowly and keep kneading. Knead the dough for 10 mins atleast to form a soft dough. Cover the dough and keep aside for 15 mins.
3) After 15 minutes spread the dough a little and add the grated cheese in the dough. Knead it again for 5 minutes till all the cheese is incorporated. Keep aside.
4) After resting the dough will become smooth and soft. Now make round balls of the dough approx 4-5 balls.
5) Take one ball and roll it into oval shape. Take a regular tava (do not use non stick tava). Take the naan as prepared above and apply some water on the upper surface of this naan. Press this on the tava. Press some sesame seed and chopped garlic on top. Invert the tava on the flame of the gas. The naan will stay stuck to the tava and will cook on the outer side. Cook on medium flame till brown spots start to appear. Once it is done invert the tawa and place it again on the flame normally and let the lower side, which was stuck using water, cook for a few seconds.
7) Remove it using tongs. Apply some butter and sprinkle white sesame seeds and grated cheese on top.
8) Prepare the remaining naan this way and serve hot with curry.
1) In a deep wok take the ghee and add the asafoetida and jeera/cumin in it and let it splutter. Once done add the giner-garlic paste and let it cook for a few seconds. Now add the capsicum and saute for a few minutes. Then add the onion paste and saute till the raw taste is gone (approx 2-4 minutes). Now add the tomato paste and let it cook for 2 minutes.
2) Now add the red chilli powder, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala and salt and let it cook till the oil starts to separate. Now add the cream/malai and mix it.
3) Add some water in the curry at this stage. Now add the boiled mix vegetables and mix well. Crush the kasuri methi in between your palm and add it to the curry. Add the butter and switch of the gas at this point and sprinkle the coriander leaves. Cover the wok in such a manner that no heat escapes and let it rest for a few minutes.
4) The butter will melt and mix well into the curry. If while serving you feel the curry has become thick you can add some water to it.
5) Serve hot with the naan