Hello all!! Today’s recipe is a simple open toast recipe. The flavors used in the recipe are classic Mumbai street food pav bhaji flavors. I have combined the bhaji with bread and toasted it on an open tawa. It is very easy to make the stuffing as well as roast the bread on tava. You can serve this as an appetizer or snacks for a kitty party. Make the stuffing and keep the bread ready all you have to do it toast it on the arrival of the guests and serve hot with chutney, ketchup or any dip of choice. So lets get cooking..
White/Brown Bread Slices – 8 slices
Boiled potatoes- 3 large
finely chopped onions – 2 medium
finely chopped tomatoes – 1 medium
finely chopped capsicum – 1 large
Ginger-garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin-Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Pav Bhaji Masala – 2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Butter – 1/2 cup (to apply on the bread)
Finely chopped coriander leaves- 1/2 cup
Green chutney of choice to apply on the bread
Mayonnaise to garnish
Oil/Ghee to toast the bread
Salt as per taste
1) In a bowl take the boiled potatoes and mash them. Now add the onions, tomatoes, capsicum, ginger-garlic paste to this and mix it all together.
2) Now add the red chilli powder, cumin-coriander powder, pav bhaji masala, salt, coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix it all well forming like a dough.
3) Now take one bread slice. Apply some butter on one of the slice. Apply green chutney on the same side. Now add the stuffing prepared (approximately 2 tbsp in one slice) and spread it on the slice. Make all the slices this way.
4) Take a non stick tava. Apply some oil on the tava and allow it to warm up on medium flame. Now place the above prepared bread slices on the tava (lower side facing down) and let it become crusty and brown. Then apply some oil on the stuffing side (approximately 1 tsp) and flip the toast with the stuffing side facing down and let it cook till crispy.
5) Cook all the slices this way. Take it off the tava and top it with some mayonnaise and serve hot. You can also sprinkle some cheese on top if you like it.
Leave a Reply