Hey guys!!! We have had aloo tikki always with a burger so tried this different version of our favorite aloo tikki. Aloo Tikki sandwich is served piping hot with green pudina chutney/sauce/Mayonnaise. I have used brown bread in this recipe you can use white bread also but I prefer brown bread as it is more crispy on grilling. It is perfect as dinner option and you can serve it as finger food for any kitty party. You can make the tikkis in advance. Aloo Tikki Sandwich is simply delicious. Lets get cooking…..
Brown Bread – 10 pieces
Boiled Potatoes (chopped) – 5 large
Boiled Peas – 1/2 cup
Ginger-Garlic Paste- 2 tbsp
Onion – 2 large
Tomato (finely chopped) – 1 small
Onions (finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
Pav Bhaji Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Masala Oats (Classic Flavor) – 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp
Bread Crumbs – 2 cups
Chat Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
Ice Berg Lettuce – 150 grams (roughly chopped)
Maida – 1/2 cup
Mayonnaise – 1 cup
Red Chilli Sauce – 4 tbsp
Water as required
Oil as required
1. In a pan take some oil let it warm up. Add the ginger garlic paste, finely chopped onions and let them saute. Now add the tomatoes. Add the red chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and salt and let it saute for few minutes. Now add the potatoes and peas and mix well. Take off the gas and keep it aside.
2. Slice the 2 onions into rings and sprinkle some red chilli powder on it. Take the mayonnaise and add the red chilli sauce to it and mix well. Keep aside.
3. Once the potato mixture is cooled down mash it all well. Add the masala oats powder, chat masala powder, coriander leaves and 1/4 cup bread crumbs and mix it all well. Make tikkis out of this mixture.
4. Make a paste out of maida and water. Dip the tikkis in the maida paste and roll them in the bread crumbs. Keep the tikkis in the fridge for 10 – 15 minutes.
5. Take a flat frying pan and add around 1/2 cup of oil in it and fry the tikkis. Do not deep fry. The tikkis should be half dipped in the oil. Cook till brown and crispy on both sides. Keep aside to cool. Make tikkis in the size of bread. If you have large bread make the tikkis large.
6. Take a grill pan for the sandwich. For assembling the sandwich take two slices of brown bread. Apply 1 tbsp of butter on both the slices. Apply mayonnaise on the bread generously. Place the sliced onion, roughly chopped ice burg lettuce and one aloo tikki on top and cover with some more mayonnaise and the other bread slice. Apply butter on top of the bread and grill it till crispy. Make similar sandwiches with all the tikkis.
7. Serve hot with mayonnaise or chutney or sauce.