Hey all!! The monsoon is back with a bang and with it comes the age old demand to make bhajiya/fritters. Piping hot bhajiya/fritters with hot chai/tea or coffee is the perfect combination for these rains. With every demand I have to increase my supply of making different kinds of bhajiyas/fritters, the same ones are not to be repeated. Hence I tried these new bhajiyas/fritters today made with vermicelli/sevaiyan. It is a bit of a process as you have to cook the vermicelli first but that hardly matters as the end result is very crispy, yummy and perfect to be eaten in this pouring rains, but it is very easy to make these bhajiyas. So lets check out the recipe and enjoy the monsoons with these yummy and tasty fritters…
Finely chopped Cabbage- 1/4 cup
Chopped Onion- 1 cup
Finely Chopped Capsicum- 1/4 cup
Vermicelli – 1 cup (uncooked)
Besan Atta/Gramflour- 1/2 cup
Rava/Semolina – 1/2 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste- 1 tbsp
Garam Masala- 1 tsp
Rice Flour – 1/4 cup
Chat Masala – 2 tsp
Salt to Taste
Water as required but roughly 1/4 cup for batter
Water for cooking vermicelli- 2 cups
Oil for frying
1) Cook the vermicelli in water for 5 minutes till it becomes soft. Once done strain it and drain out all the water.
2) In a bowl add finely chopped cabbage, chopped onions, finely chopped capsicum, cooked vermicelli and mix well. Add the ginger garlic paste, garam masala, chat masala, sugar, gram flour , rice flour, semolina and salt and mix again. The vegetables start to leave their water while mixing once mixed well leave for 5 mins.
3) After 5 mins add little by little water to the vegetables. The batter should be medium thick. It should just coat the vegetables.
4) In a deep bottom vessel add oil and let it become hot. You can check the consistency of the oil by adding little of the fritter/bhajiya batter. If it comes up immediately the oil is ready.
5) Now add the fritters/bhajiya in the hot oil by using a spoon or your hands in small amounts. Let it cook well. The flame should be medium.
6) Serve hot with tomato ketchup and do not forget tea or coffee.