Hey everyone!! While hosting a party we always take special care of serving delicious starters to our guests. The starters are the main stars of any party or function. The trend of serving starters has taken so much momentum that more than the main course we now concentrate on serving the starters and potatoes are the heroes of starters. They blend so well with any ingredients and any cuisine type that I just love using them generously. Potatoes in any starters make the job easy as they taste really good with all the spices or just with plain cheese also. The starter I have made today is simple deep fried starter recipe with potato as its main hero. The spices used are simple and you can store these in a ziplock bag in a deep freezer before frying for upto a 2 days before the party. So you can prepare these and keep them in your freezer or make them fresh either way these potato party starters will have your guests licking their fingers. So lets get cooking….
Boiled Potatoes – 4 large
Spinach – 7-8 leaves
Capsicum – 1 small
Onion – 1 large
Boiled corn kernels – 1/2 cup
Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste – 1 tbsp
Black Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Oregano – 1 tbsp
Chilli Flakes – 2 tbsp
Mayonnaise – 1 tbsp
Grated processed cheese – 1 cup
Bread Crumbs – 2 cups
Oats – 1 cup
Maida/All purpose flour – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Water – 1 cup
Rava/Semolina – 1/2 cup
Oil for frying
1) In a big mixing bowl take the boiled potatoes and semi mash them. Do not mash them completely let little chunks be there.
2) In a blender jar semi crush the corn kernels alongwith mayonnaise. Now finely chop the spinach, capsicum and onion and mix all of these to the mashed potatoes.
3) Now add the ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, black pepper powder, oregano, chilli flakes and salt in the above potatoes mixture and mix well. Lastly add the cheese and rava/semolina and mix together using a spoon or a spatula.
4) Now apply some oil on your palms and make rolls out of this mixture prepared. Keep these rolls in the freezer for 5 mins. Meanwhile make a slurry out of the maida and water.
5) After 5 minutes take out the rolls and coat them with the maida slurry and bread crumbs completely. At this stage you can store these rolls in a ziplock bag in the freezer section of the fridge and use as required.
6) After coating them keep them in the freezer again for 10 minutes. Remove them after 10 minutes and coat them again with maida slurry and rolled oats. Keep in freezer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile heat the oil on high flame till it is hot. Once the oil is hot reduce the flame to medium heat and then fry the potato rolls on medium heat. The medium heat will endure that the rolls are cooked properly from inside and will be crisp from the outside. Serve hot with ketchup/Mayonnaise.
Leave a Reply