Hi!!! I have already posted a recipe for a simple mawa cake. I tried this chocolate mawa cake recently and it turned out amazing. It was delicious and very simple to make. Cakes are my weakness and mawa/khoya cakes are very tasty. These cakes normally dont stay puffed and flatten out once cooked not to worry since mawa/khoya is very heavy and in this recipe I am using cocoa powder also the cake will sit down a bit once removed from oven. This cake is rich in flavors and ingredients and yet has a touch of simplicity. Let get baking this rich and flavorsome cake…
Unsalted Butter- 75 gms
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda/Soda Bi Carb- 1/2 tsp
All Purpose Flour/Maida- 250 gms
Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
Mawa/Khoya- 100 gms
Tutti Frutti- 100 gms
Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
Chocolate Powder- 2 tbsp
Powdered Sugar – 100 gms
Curd – 75 gms
Milk- 2 cups
1) In a mixing bowl take the butter and sugar and beat it well. The butter should be at room temperature. It will become creamy and fluffy in texture.
2) Sieve the all purpose flour, cocoa powder and chocolate powder and mix it with the butter. Mix it coarsely using your hands the butter should get properly incorporated in the flour.
3) In a bowl take the curd, baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Cover the bowl and leave aside for five minutes.
4) Add this curd to the flour and butter mixture prepared. Now add the milk gradually and slowly in batches and keep mixing till there are no lumps and the batter is smooth and flows easily. It should be of pouring consistency. Now add the Vanilla essence and tutti frutti and mix well
5) Lastly add the mawa and mix well.
6) Take the baking tin and rub some oil in the tin. Now dust the tin using the all purpose flour.
7) Pour the batter in the tin. Take care that the batter should not be more than half of the height of the tin. The batter should be half of the tin or less then half only then it will have space to rise properly.
8) Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30 mins. Once done check by inserting pin/toothpick in the center if it comes out clean then the sponge is ready.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/