Hello.. How is everyone doing? Today I am posting a recipe which is normally made for fasting. It is basic recipe very easy to make and very yummy. This recipe is very common during the fasting months and on other days of fasting. I have already posted a recipe of sabudana khichidi/Tapioca Sago. This recipe also uses tapioca sago but instead of khichidi we make vada. Make these vadas/cutlets for the winters or rainy season and enjoy it with a hot cup of coffee or tea.They are very tasty, crispy and easy to makes. So lets get cooking..
Tapioca Sago/Sabudana- 1 1/2 cup
Peanuts – 1 cup
Boiled Potatoes- 3 medium
Green Chilli- Ginger Paste- 2 tbsp
Cumin/Jeera- 1 tsp
Sugar- 1 tbsp
Water for Soaking – 1 1/2 cup
Lemon juice- 1 lemon
Fresh Coriander leaves (finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
Garam masala- 1 tbsp
Oil to fry
Salt to taste
1) Soak the Tapioca Sago/Sabudana for 6-7 hours in water.
2) After 6-7 hours check the tapioca sago/sabudana it will have soaked up all the water and will have swollen in size and it will have become soft. Drain the water if any left after 6-7 hours.
3) Roast the peanuts till light brown in color. Now crush the roasted peanuts in a mixture grinder. Do not make a fine powder keep it semi crushed. The crunchy pieces of peanuts will feel very tasty when fried.
4) In a bowl take the potatoes and mash them. Now add the sabudana/tapioca sago and mash again a little. Now add the ginger-green chilli paste, crushed peanut, garam masala, lemon juice, sugar, salt, fresh coriander leaves and jeera and mix everything properly.
6) Now make small cutlets/roundlets out of the mixture prepared above. While making the cutlets apply some oil on your palm so that the mixture does not stick to your hand.
7) In a deep wok take oil for frying. Let it become hot on high flame first. To check if the oil is ready take a little of the mixture as prepared and put it in the oil if it sizzles and floats on top immediately the oil is ready. At this stage lower the flame to medium.
8) Now add the vadas/cutlets in the oil and fry it till golden brown on both sides.
9) Serve hot with tea/coffee.