Hey guys!! Pizzas are one of the dishes which I and husband equally enjoy eating. We love pizzas but are not easily impressed with every outlet that serves it. I started making pizzas at home and my biggest critic is my husband. He is not very easy to please when it comes to fusion dishes. So when I told him I am going to experiment on something we both love so much he was not ready for it. But I went for it anyways and the look on his face when he had it was priceless. He loved it!!! Stuffed Paratha pizza is basically the cheese burst version of a regular pizza but instead of cheese bursting out we have stuffed paratha as the base. It appeals to our Indian taste and is a perfect fusion. So lets start cooking this tasty fusion dish…
Wheat Flour- 200 gms
All purpose flour/Maida- 75 gms
Salt – 1 tsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
Italian Seasoning- 1 tsp
Water for kneading
Boiled Potatoes- 4 large
Boiled Green Peas- 1/2 cup
Boiled Corn kernels- 1/4 cup
Processed Cheese (Grated) – 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
Oregano – 1 tbsp
Chilli Flakes – 1 tbsp
Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste- 1 tbsp
Pizza Sauce – 1 tbsp
Mozzarella Cheese (grated) – 1 cup
Onions (Chopped as desired)- 2 large
Capsicum (Chopped as desired)- 1 large
Tomato(Chopped as desired) – 1 large
Italian Seasoning to sprinkle
Pizza Sauce for spreading
In a mixing bowl take all the ingredients for the dough except the water and mix well. Now knead the dough using water little by little. The dough should be of pizza base dough consistency. It should not be too loose or too hard. Once kneaded keep aside for 10 mins.
1) In a bowl take the boiled potatoes, boiled green peas and boiled corn kernels and mash them together.
2) Now add the salt, oregano, chilli flakes, ginger garlic green chilli paste and pizza sauce and mix well.
3) Lastly add the cheese and mix it. Make balls out of this stuffing.
Making the Paratha:
1) Make balls out of the dough (Approx 8-10). Roll one of the balls using rolling pin to about 4 inches circle. Add the stuffing prepared in the center of the circle and fold the outer edges of the dough together and seal the stuffing.
2) Now roll the stuffed ball into a circle of around 6-7 inches.
3) Heat a non-stick tawa (griddle) and cook the paratha using a little oil until golden brown spots appear on one side completely and the other side just half cook it.
4) Cook all the parathas this way and keep aside.
For Topping and final assembly:
1) On a tawa/gridle add some butter/oil/ghee place the paratha with the half cooked side facing down.
2) Add pizza sauce on the side which has been cooked completely. Add cheese and then all the toppings. Add cheese again on top and sprinkle the seasoning. Cover the tawa and let the paratha cook on low flame till cheese melts. It should not take more than 10 mins.
Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius and bake the parathas at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
3) The paratha pizza is ready. Serve hot.