Hey guys!!! I am back with another cake recipe. I wanted to try this delicious cake since a long time. It is a saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor away but if the doctor is sweet then keep the apple away” well my father is a doctor so he basically hammered into me the habit of having an apple everyday. This cake is simple to make and so delicious you wont be able to stop at one bite. Try it out and have it warm with tea/coffee and just sit back on your favorite chair and enjoy the moments with your cake.
Wheat Flour – 200 gms
Cornflour- 2 tbsp
Sugar- 50 gms
Honey – 3 tbsp
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda/Soda Bi Carb- 1/2 tsp
Milk – 1 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Cinnamon powder- 1 tsp
Apple (sliced)- 1 big
Apple (chopped)- 1 medium
Sugar – 1 cup
Butter at room temperature- 1/2 cup
Dairy cream/Amul Cream at room temperature- 1 cup
Milk at room temperature- 2 tbsp
Flour for dusting
In a heavy bottom non stick pan take the sugar and let it melt on slow flame. Once it starts melting take it off the gas and add the butter, cream and milk and mix properly. The flame should be constantly on low so that the sugar does not burn. Take of the flame and mix for sometime till it cools down to room temperature. you can store this sauce for upto a month in an air tight bottle in fridge.
1) Sieve the wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda/soda bi carb, cornflour and salt together. Mix well.
2) In a mixing bowl mix the milk and sugar till the sugar dissolves.
3) Now add the dry ingredients in the milk in batches and keep mixing till there are no lumps. Now add the vanilla essence, honey,oil, cinnamon powder and apple pieces and mix well.
4) The batter should be of pouring consistency and not to thick.
5) In a dusted tin pour 3-4 tbsp of the sauce prepared cover the bottom completely. Now add slice apples and pour the batter on them.
6) Pre-heat oven for 5 minutes at 180 degrees.
7) Dust round cake tin (9-11 inch) using flour and pour the batter in the tin. now bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees. Take care that the batter should not be more than half of the height of the tin. The batter should be half of the tin or less then half only then it will have space to rise properly.
8) Once done check by inserting pin/toothpick in the center if it comes out clean then the cake is ready.
9) Let the cake come at room temperature then de-mould it. Serve it with tea/coffee.