Hey all!! Hows it going??? When I bake cakes the first thing that happens is a fight for the piece!! Who gets to bite into it first. Thats exactly what happened today …
And I won!!!😄😄😄😄😄
The recipe today is again a cake as you all must have guessed by now. I love baking cakes. I have a sweet tooth which most of the time hits me bad. I am always on a lookout for trying (both eating and baking) new cakes. Though still learning but I try to make my recipes simple and easy. Hopefully you all find this recipe easy and yummy as much as I do. So lets get baking…
Rava/Semolina- 1 cup
All purpose flour/Maida – 1/4 cup
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda/Soda Bi Carb- 1/2 tsp
Milk – 1 1/2 cup
Curd- 2 tbsp
Cream/Malai- 3 tbsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
Chocolate Chips or Chopped Chocolate
Mixed Nuts (Cashew, Almond and Walnut)
Flour for dusting
1) In a mixing bowl mix the curd, sugar and cream and mix well till the sugar dissolves. Now add baking powder and soda bi carb and let it rest for 5 mins.
2) After 5 mins add the rava/semolina and all purpose flour/Maida in the curd and start mixing. Now add the milk and mix well to make batter of pouring consistency. If you find the batter to be still thick add some more milk. The milk should be at room temperature.
3) Now add the vanilla essence and oil and mix well. Add the tutti frutti, chocolate chips or chopped chocolate pieces and nuts and mix the batter. Let the batter rest for 5 mins till the rava/ semolina soaks the milk.
4) Pre-heat oven for 5 minutes at 180 degrees.
5) Dust round cake tin using flour and pour the batter in the tin. Now bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees. Take care that the batter should not be more than half of the height of the tin. The batter should be half of the tin or less then half only then it will have space to rise properly.
8) Once done check by inserting pin/toothpick in the center if it comes out clean then the sponge is ready.
9) Garnish as desired.
10) Serve warm or at room temperature with tea or coffee.