Hey guys! The recipe I am posting today is a very delicious and rich paneer ki sabji/curry which can be eaten with roti/paratha/naana/kulcha. Lets get cooking this tasty lunch sabji. Make it when you have guests over and win them over. So lets get cooking…
For cheese paneer-
Paneer/Cottage cheese – 250 grams
Processed cheese – 1 cup (grated)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric/Haldi powder – 1/2 tsp
Dhania-Jeera/Cumin-Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Garlic clove (grated) – 1 clove
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Ghee for greasing
Tomato – 3 medium
Onion – 2 small
Gralic – 5-6 cloves
Ginger – 1 inch
Peanut – 1 tbsp
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 2 tbsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp
Processed cheese (grated) – 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
Water as required
For vegetable saute:
Onions – 2 small (diced)
Capsicum – 1 large (diced)
Oil and Ghee – 1 tbsp each
Asafoetida/Hing – 1/4 tsp
Jeera/Cumin – 1 tsp
Star Anise – 1 piece
Laung/Clove – 3 pieces
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 4-5 cloves (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves and cheese for garnishing
For cheese paneer:
1) Slice the paneer into large squares. In a bowl take the oil, red chilli powder, cumin-coriander powder, turmeric powder, grated garlic and salt and mix it well.
2) Now coat the paneer slices with the masala and keep it aside for 10 minutes. After 10 mins take one slice of the paneer and press grated cheese on it. Now cover it with another paneer slice. Make a cheesy paneer sandwich with two slices. Make all paneer sandwiches this way.
3) In a grill pan or non stick tawa brush some ghee/clarified butter and grill all the cheese paneer sandwiches as made above from both sides.
1) In a bowl take water and boil together the tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger and peanuts. Once they are cooked strain and make a puree.
2) In a wok take oil and ghee and let it become warm. Now add the chopped garlic, clove, cinnamon and star anise and let it become golden brown now add the capsicum and saute for few minutes. Then add the onions and saute till slightly pink. Keep it crunchy do not overcook.
3) Now add the tomato puree as prepared in step 1 above and add the red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, tomato ketchup, salt and grated cheese. Now mix it all and add water if the gravy feels thick. Let it cook for 5 mins.
4) Now take the paneer cheese sandwiches as prepared above in the plate and pour the gravy over. garnish with grated cheese and coriander leaves.
‘This blog post is part of the blog challenge ‘Blogaberry Dazzle’ hosted by Cindy D’Silva and Noor Anand Chawla.’
Leave a Reply