Hey guys! The recipe I am posting today is a very tasty breakfast paratha recipe. The process to make this paratha is slightly different but the end prodct is worth it. You can make aloo paratha, paneer paratha also using this method and the paratha tastes amazing in this method. You can say it is a kind of open paratha. So lets get cooking…
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Water for kneading dough
Onions – 5 medium sized
Fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1/2 cup
Processed cheese (grated ) – 4 cubes
Kashmiri red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Coriander cumin powder – 2 tsp
Amchur powder – 1 tsp
Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
Anardana powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1) In a bowl sieve the flour. Now mix in the 1 tbsp oil and salt and mix it all well. Knead into a soft dough with water and cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
2) In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the stuffing (except salt) and mix it using a spoon or spatula. Add the salt just when you want to make the paratha . This is the stuffing.
3) Make balls out of the dough. Roll all the balls using rolling pin to about 6-7 inches circle (paratha).
4) Add the stuffing prepared on one of the rolled paratha and spread it evenly throughout and press the studding lightly into the paratha. Now cover it with another rolled paratha and press the sides and seal both the parathas with stuffing in between.
5) Now using a little flour roll this paratha a little thin so that the stuffing sticks evenly on both the parathas that are sealed together.
6) Heat a non-stick tawa (griddle) and cook the paratha one side then flip and apply oil and cook on the other side also while lightly pressing the edges. This will cause the paratha to swell in between. When this happens using tongs separate the two parathas and roll them individually.
7) Serve hot with curd.