Hello! The recipe I am posting today is open bread toast recipe. It is a very simple and tasty breakfast recipe. It can be made with easily available ingredients and using minimum oil. I have used brown bread you can use white bread also. Lets get cooking…
Yellow Moong Dal – 1 cup
Boiled potato – 1 medium
Brown Bread – 8-10 pieces
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Green Chili Paste – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Onion (finely chopped) – 1 large
Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1 medium
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Amchur Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
Oil for greasing
Oregano and chili Flakes for sprinkling
Cheese and chili spread for applying on bread you can use mayonnaise or green chutney also.
1) Soak the yellow moong dal for 2-3 hours. After 2-3 hours strain and grind the yellow moong dal in blender jar coarsely. Do not make a fine paste.
2) In a bowl mash the boiled potato then add the grinded yellow moong dal and all the remaining ingredients (except bread) and mix it all well. It will become like a thick batter.
3) Take bread slices. Apply the cheese and chili spread on the bread now take a spoonful of the batter prepared and spread it on the bread. Make a thick layer on the bread.
4) Take a grill pan or a non stick tawa and grease it with oil. Place the bread on the tawa lower side first let it become crisp and brown. Then flip the bread (batter side down) and let it cook, till crisp. Now sprinkle the grated cheese on it and some oregano and chili flakes.
5) Serve hot with ketchup. You can serve it without cheese also.
This post is a part of Blogchatter Half Marathon.
By Blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/