Hey all! The recipe I am posting today is a tasty monsoon recipe but also perfect for winters. Bhajiyas/Fritters have various varieties. There are a variety of Mirchi/Green Chillies available and varieties of fritters that you can make using them. I have used the long and fat green chilly as I anted to make it using stuffing. These chillies are not that spicy but with the stuffing and coating of gram flour it is very delicious. Always remember to de-seed the chilly before stuffing it. The recipe itself is very simple and easy to make. If you want to make these bhajiyas for a side dish/appetizer for guests, you can stuff them and keep them in the fridge beforehand and fry it when you are ready to serve. So lets get cooking…
Long pepper green chilli – 8 -10 pieces
Paneer (grated) – 1/2 cup
Boiled and mashed potatoes – 3 large
Onion (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
Capsicum (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
Chat Masala – 1 tsp
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Chilli flakes – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp
Besan/Gram Flour – 1 cup
Water – 3/4 cup
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Baking soda – a pinch
Asafoetida – a pinch
Oil for frying
1) Take the chilies and slit them from the between vertically. De-seed the chilies.
2) In a bowl take the paneer, potatoes, onions, capsicum, chat masala, ginger paste, garlic paste, red chilli powder, chilli flakes, salt and coriander leaves and mix it all well.
3) Take the slit chilies and stuff it with the stuffing as prepared above. Add a generous amount of stuffing. Keep it in the freezer for 10 minutes.
4) Meanwhile take another bowl. In that take the gram flour, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida, baking soda and water and mix it well. Keep the batter covered and aside.
5) Take the stuffed green chilly and dip it in the batter prepared. Fry it in medium hot oil. This will ensure the batter is cooked well and crisp on the outside. Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.