Hey all! If you do not like cream cakes then this is the best cake recipe you could ask for! The sponge is a basic sponge but you soak it with honey syrup and jam layering and the final cake it drool worthy. I made this cake for my mother in law’s birthday and we all just loved it. You can this as a tea time cake or make it for any birthday if you do not want ot go with a regukar mawa cake or cream cake. Since it has no cream layering it is very easy to bake and decorate this cake and even the non bakers can have a go at it. So lets get baking!!
Maida/All purpose flour – 250 grams
Condensed milk – 250 grams
Butter – 100 grams
Milk powder – 50 grams
Milk – 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp (heaped)
Baking soda/cooking soda/soda bi carb – 1/2 tsp (levelled)
For sugar syrup:
Sugar – 5 tbsp
Water – 1/4 cup
Honey – 1/2 cup
Mixed fruit jam or Strawberry jam – 1/2 cup
Honey – 5 tbsp
1) In a bowl sieve together the maida, baking powder and baking soda and keep aside.
2) In a another bowl take the milkmaid and butter. Mix it together till the butter completely dissolves. Now add in the vanilla essence and mix it.
3) Add the seived flour mixture to this milkmaid mixture in batches and mix it well till there are no lumps. Add the milk and mix it well. The batter will be of pouring consistency.
4) Take an aluminium tin and cover it with oil and dust it with some flour. Pour the batter to this tin and bake it in preheated (180 degrees) oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes. De mould after it is completely cool
5) Make holes in the cake using a fork.
For sugar syrup:
1) In a pan take the water and sugar and dissolve the sugar. Keep the flame on medium and keep stirring. Let it boil till 10 minutes the syrup will thicken. Check the consistency by droping a little of the syrup on the plate and tilt the plate. If it stays and is not runny the consistency is right.
2) Now add the honey to this syrup, mix it well and switch off the gas.
In a pan take the jam and melt it on low flame while continuously stirring. Just melt do not let it come to boil. Once it melts switch off the gas and add the honey to this and mix it well.
1) Take the cake sponge and generously soak it with the entire sugar syrup. Since we have made holes in it the cake will soak it well.
2) Now apply the jam covering prepared on the top and cover the entire cake from the top with this jam covering.
3) Chill it in the fridge for half an hour and serve.
I am taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa.