Hello all!! Today’s recipe is yet another finger food you can have it as a starter, side dish or for any party. Onion rings are becoming very famous now as finger food. Normally the recipes separate the onion rings and stuff two of them and fry. I have stuffed all the rings internally and deep fried them. It is basically like fritters and you can have them with tea or coffee. These stuffed rings taste delicious and yummy. They are easy to make and can be made at any time for guests. The dip I have served with these rings is made using my homemade mayonnaise. For my homemade mayonnaise recipe click on the link below. So lets get cooking….
For Onion rings:
Onions – 3 large
Paneer/Cottage Cheese (grated) – 1/2 cup
Boiled and grated potatoes – 2 medium
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin-Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 2 tsp
Grated processed cheese – 1/2 cup
Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Bread Crumbs – 1 cup
Maida/Refined flour – 1 cup
Water – approx 1 cup
Oil for frying
For mayonnaise dip:
Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Paste – 1 tbsp
Grated cheese – 2-3 tbsp
1) Chop the onions horizontally and separate each layer into the onion rings and keep aside.
2) In a bowl take together the paneer, potatoes, cheese, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin-coriander powder, garam masala powder, coriander leaves and salt and mix it all together.
3) Take three to four onion rings one large and then one size smaller and so on. Stuff in between the two rings with the stuffing (as prepared above in step No. 2). Make stuffing of all rings in similar way use at-least 3 to 4 rings together.
4) Make a paste out of the maida and water. Take the stuffed rings first dip them in the maida paste then roll it in the bread crumbs.
5) Deep fry the onion rings in oil. Keep the flame on high. Serve hot with the dip.
For Mayonnaise Dip:
Combine all the ingredients for the dip and mix well.