Hello!!! The recipe for strawberry cake is very simple and the cake is very delicious. The filling I have used strawberry jam and strawberry crush which were homemade by me. For the recipe of strawberry crush and jam click on the link below. The jam and strawberry crush give an kick to the taste. The main hero of this simple strawberry cake is the filling. Baking this cake will make baking fun…So lets get baking…..
Milkmaid/Condensed Milk- 250 gms
Unsalted Butter- 75 gms
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda/Soda Bi Carb- 1/2 tsp
All Purpose Flour/Maida- 250 gms
Strawberry Essence- 1 tsp
Milk- As required
Whipping cream – 250 gms
Strawberry Essence- 2 tsp
For Sugar Syrup:
Water – 1/2 cup
Sugar- 3 tbsp
Strawberry Jam – 4-5 tbsp
Strawberry Crush – 4-5 tbsp
Choco Chips – 3-4 tbsp
Fresh Strawberry (chopped) – 4-5 strawberries
1) In a mixing bowl take the milkmaid and butter and beat well. The butter should be at room temperature.
2) Now add the baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Cover the bowl and leave aside for five minutes.
3) In another bowl sieve the all purpose flour.
4) Add this flour gradually in the milkmaid mixture and keep mixing till there are no lumps. If the mixture feels stiff add milk gradually. The batter should be of pouring consistency and there should be no lumps.
5) Add the strawberry essence and mix well.
6) Take the baking tin and rub some oil in the tin. Now dust the tin using the all purpose flour.
7) Pour the batter in the tin. Take care that the batter should not be more than half of the height of the tin. The batter should be half of the tin or less then half only then it will have space to rise properly.
8) Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 25 mins. Once done check by inserting pin/toothpick in the center if it comes out clean then the sponge is ready.
1) In a deep vessel add the whipping cream. Remember the whipping cream should be chilled. You can use any brand whipping cream.
2) Start whipping the cream using electric beater. Initially start with speed 1 then go to maximum speed. Beat the cream till it form hard peaks. The entire time the cream is whipped it should be chilled. If it is summer season place the vessel in which you are whipping the cream in a wider vessel containing ice cubes and maintain the chilled temperature of the cream.
3) Once whipped the cream will double in volume.
4) In the whipped cream add strawberry essence. Do not mix the whipped cream vigorously as it will become loose. Mix gently by using a spatula.
1) Cut the cake horizontally in two halves.
2) Soak the layer using sugar water (mix sugar in water and boil for 2 mins cool it and use).
3) Add the whipped cream on one half and sprinkle the chopped strawberry pieces, strawberry jam (by bits), choco chips and finally spread the strawberry crush. Now sandwich the filling by adding some more whipped cream on top and place the other half of the cake on top. Repeat the same in next layer. Finally cover the entire sponge from the outer side completely with cream using palette knife and keep in fridge for 15 mins.
3) Decorate as desired and leave the cake in the fridge for at least an hour for setting. Serve chilled.
I AM TAKING MY ALEXA RANK TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH BLOGCHATTER’S #MYFRIENDALEXA.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/