Hey everyone!! The recipe am posting today is a classic potato starter. The starters are the main stars of any party or function. The trend of serving starters has taken so much momentum that more than the main course we now concentrate on serving the starters and potatoes are the heroes of starters. They blend so well with any ingredients and any cuisine type that I just love using them generously. Potatoes in any starters make the job easy as they taste really good with all the spices or just with plain cheese also. The starter I have made today is simple deep fried starter recipe with potato the combination of corn and cheese which can never go wrong. The spices used are simple and you can store these in a ziplock bag in a deep freezer before frying for upto a week. So you can prepare these and keep them in your freezer or make them fresh either way these potato corn cheese balls will have your guests licking their fingers. So lets get cooking….
Boiled Potatoes – 4 large
Onion – 1 large
Boiled corn kernels – 1 1/2 cup
Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste – 1 tbsp
Oregano – 1 tbsp
Chilli Flakes – 2 tbsp
Peri Peri powder – 2 tbsp
Grated processed/mozzarella cheese – 2 cups
Bread Crumbs – 2 cups
Maida/All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped fresh Coriander leaves – 2 – 3 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Water – 1 cup
Oil for frying
1) In a big mixing bowl take the boiled potatoes and semi mash them.
2) In a blender jar semi crush half of the corn kernels. Now finely chop the onion and mix the onion, crushed corn kernels and the remaining corn kernels to the mashed potatoes.
3) Now add the ginger-garlic-green chilli paste, oregano, chilli flakes, peri peri powder and salt in the above potatoes mixture and mix well. Lastly add the cheese and finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and mix together using a spoon or a spatula.
4) Now apply some oil on your palms and make small balls out of this mixture prepared. Keep these balls in the fridge for 5 mins. Meanwhile make a slurry out of the maida and water.
5) After 5 minutes take out the balls and coat them with the maida slurry and bread crumbs completely. At this stage you can store these rolls in a ziplock bag in the freezer section of the fridge and use as required.
6) After coating them keep them in the freezer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile heat the oil on high flame till it is hot. Once the oil is hot reduce the flame to medium heat and then fry the potato balls on medium heat. The medium heat will endure that the balls are cooked properly from inside and will be crisp from the outside. Serve hot with ketchup/Mayonnaise.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/