Hi all!! Who does not love Mac and cheese. We have many versions of our favorite mac and Cheese so today I have combined two of our favorite recipes pizza and mac n cheese and the result is absolutely delicious and cheesy. This recipe will be specially loved by kids. I have made the base at home, however if you want you can use ready made base available in market easily. So lets get baking….
Maida/All purpose flour- 1 cup
Wheat flour- 1/2 cup
Instant dry active yeast- 1 1/2 tsp
Sugar- 1/2 tsp
Oregano- 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Warm Water- 1/2 cup
For the Filling (Mac N Cheese):
Macaroni Pasta- 1 cup
Butter- 2 tbsp
All purpose Flour (Maida)- 2 tbsp
Milk- 2 cups
Oregano- 2 tsp
Chilli Flakes- 3 tsp
Italian seasoning- 1 tsp
Garlic Powder- 1/2 tsp
Grated Processed Cheese – 1/2 cup
Grated Mozzarella Cheese – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Capsicum (diced) – 1/4 cup
Tomatoes (Diced) – 1/4 cup
Butter for brushing
For the dough:
1. In a mixing bowl mix the maida/all purpose flour, wheat flour, oregano and salt.
2. In lukewarm water add the yeast and sugar and give it a stir. Cover and keep aside for 10 mins. The water should be lukewarm i.e. not too hot now cold. You should be able to put your finger in the water comfortably it should not sting.
3. After 10 mins check the yeast it will be bubbling. If the yeast is not bubbling then throw away an start again as the yeast has died.
4. Add the yeast activated water to the flour mixture as in step 1 and knead a dough which should not be too hard nor too soft and keep kneading for 5-10 mins. Add 2-3 tsp of oil and cover the dough with a damp cloth and keep this dough aside to let it rest for at least an hour in a warm place. Do not disturb the dough at this stage.
5. After an hour the dough will be ready it will have increased in volume. Punch the dough lightly and knead again for 10-15 mins. Knead by adding oil on your palm and knead till it stops sticking.
6. Make 2 rolls out of the dough and keep aside covered with cloth for 10 mins.
For Mac N Cheese:
1. In a deep bottomed pan add butter. Once the butter becomes bit warm add the all purpose flour and saute for 1-2 minutes till the flour mixes completely with the butter.
2. Now add the milk and blend using a blender or whisk it with a hand whisker thoroughly so that all the lumps are gone.
3. Now add the macaroni pasta in the milk and the the pasta cook in the milk.The milk will thicken in consistency. Now add the salt, pepper, chilli flakes, oregano, Italian seasoning and garlic powder and let it boil for 4-5 mins. If required you can add 1/2 a cup of milk in it again till the pasta cooks. Once the pasta has cooked add the cheese and mix well.
1. After 10-15 mins check the rolls. It should have risen.
2. On the platform sprinkle some maida/all purpose flour. Take one ball of the dough and using your finger flatten the dough ball from sides and keep expanding make a round shape of about 5”. Place this on a baking tray (greased with butter). Grease the pizza base with some butter.
3. Apply the pizza sauce on the inner surface of the bread and add the prepared mac n cheese in the center. Top it with capsicum and tomatoes. Now add some more grated mozzarella cheese on top and sprinkle chilli flakes.
6. Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 15-20 mins and serve hot.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/