Hi all!! So just finished with the last episode of Game of Thrones and was really feeling disheartened bidding adieu to so many of our favorite characters and an era of this journey. Whenever I am sad I always yearn for chocolate and hence after watching the episode I went on a baking spree and made my favorite chunky chocolate cookies. What better way to heal than chocolates. I am sure many of us are going to miss our favorite show despite its ending. Make these delicious chocolate cookies and eat them with a warm cup of milk to brighten your day. Lets get baking then….
Chocolate chopped pieces – 1 cup
Maida/All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cup
Butter (Unsalted) – 1/2 cup
Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence – 2-3 drops
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Soda bi Carb – 1/4 tsp
Milk – 2 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Beat the butter with sugar for 1 to 2 minutes, until its creamy and fluffly in texture with an beater.
3. Sieve together the all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Now add sieved dry ingredients and vanilla essence to the beaten butter and mix using the spatula. Once incorporated use your hands and knead slightly to form a dough. Do not knead too hard just enough to form a dough. If you feel your dough has become too hard add the milk to loosen it. The dough should not be too loose it should be hard in consistency.
5. Now fold in the chopped chocolate using a spatula. Cover the dough and keep it too chill in the fridge for an hour. After an hour take out the dough it will be stiff and ready.
6. Make small round balls out of the dough (You can take measure of 1 tbsp of the dough to make one ball) flatten it a little in disc shape. Make small discs of all of the dough and place it in the baking tray line with butter paper. Keep these cookies in the freezer for ten minutes.
7. After ten minutes bake these cookies for 15 minutes at 180 degrees and serve warm with milk.