Hey!!! So today I am posting recipe of yummy rice dish. Pulao is rice dish which can be made of many different flavors. Pav Bhaji pulao is a common street food in Mumbai also known as Tawa Pulao. It is full of spicy and yummy flavors and goes well with lassi. So try this yummy rice dish serve as lunch or dinner with a glass full of Lassi or any mocktail of choice.
Rice- 2 cups
Finely chopped Tomatoes- 3 large
Finely chopped Onions- 3 large
Finely chopped Capsicum- 1 large
Boiled Chopped Potatoes- 2 medium
Boiled Corn kernels- 1/4 cup
Finely chopped french beans- 1/4 cup
Paneer/Cottage Cheese- 150 gms
Red chilli powder- 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder- 1 tbsp
Cumin powder- 1 tbsp
Garam Masala- 1 tsp
Everest Pav Bhaji Masala- 2 to 2 1/2 tbsp
Oil and Ghee combined – 2 tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste- 2 tbsp
Salt for taste
Water for cooking rice and adding to gravy
Finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
Cheese for garnishing
1) Soak the rice for half an hour.
2) In an open vessel add half a liter of water 1 tsp salt and let it come to one boil. As soon as it starts boiling add the soaked rice and cook the rice. The rice should be cooked only upto 90% it should be too mushy or else will break while adding to gravy.
3) Take heavy bottomed vessel for cooking the gravy. Add oil and ghee mixture and allow it to warm up now add the asafetida and ginger garlic paste and let it cook for 2 mins. Now add finely chopped capsicum and let it cook then add the onions and let it turn translucent. Once the onions have cooked add the finely chopped tomatoes. Let the tomatoes cook for 2 mins then add the Red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and let it cook for 10 mins.
4) After 10 mins you will see the tomatoes and all the masalas have integrated properly now mash this mixture using a masher slightly. Now add the pav bhaji masala and salt and let it cook for another 10 mins.
5) While cooking the gravy keep checking the rice once the rice has cooked strain the rice and spread it on a cloth for drying for 5 mins.
6) After 10 mins the gravy is ready you will see that the oil has started to separate. Add 1 cup of water to this gravy. Now add the boiled corn, french beans, potatoes and chopped/cubed paneer/cottage cheese to this gravy and add some more water if required. Be careful not to add more than 1 and 1/2 cup water or else the rice dish will become watery.
7) Add the cooked rice to the gravy prepared and mix gently using two big spatulas. Do not break the rice or mash gently fold it.
8) Once properly mixed garnish with chopped coriander leaves and grated cheese. Serve hot with Lassi or Mocktail of choice.
Leave a Reply