Hi guys!!! Who does not love garlic bread with hot yummy pizza. Whenever we are out for a pizza stuffed garlic bread is a must side dish. Since my family loves it I started cooking pizza and stuffed garlic bread at home. Now every time I make pizza or Pasta stuffed garlic bread always accompanies the main dish. Frankly it eaten more than the main dish. When it comes to baking breads people have a phobia of how to use the yeast, will it rise, how will be the texture….I can relate I was one of them but baking for me came easily and I fell in love with baking breads. Yeast is tricky to use and since there are a large variety of yeasts available in the market we are often confused which yeast to use. I use the instant active dry yeast and the results are superb. So lets check out the ingredients and method and fall in love with baking….
Maida/All Purpose Flour- 150 gms
Wheat Flour- 150 gms
Dry Active Yeast- 1 tsp
Sugar- 1/4 tsp
Garlic powder- 1 tbsp
Chilli Flakes- 2 tsp
Oregano- 1 tsp
Italian seasoning- 2 tsp
Salt- as per taste
Luke warm water- 1/2 cup
Oil for kneading
For Garlic Butter:
Butter (at room temperature and softened)- 100 gms
Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Oregano – 1 tsp
Chilli Flakes- 1 tsp
Boiled Corn Kernels-1 cup
Finely Chopped Capsicum- 1/4 cup
Grated Mozzarella Cheese- 1 cup
1. In a mixing bowl mix the maida/all purpose flour, wheat flour, garlic powder, chilli flakes, oregano, 1 tsp Italian seasoning and salt.
2. In 1 cup lukewarm water add the yeast and sugar and give it a stir. Cover and keep aside for 10 mins.
3. After 10 mins check the yeast it will be bubbling. If the yeast is not bubbling then throw away an start again as the yeast has died. The water should be lukewarm i.e. not too hot now cold. You should be able to put your finger in the water comfortably it should not sting.
4. Add the yeast activated water to the flour mixture and knead a soft dough and keep kneading for 5-10 mins. If the dough is hard add 1-2 tsp lukewarm water gradually.The dough will feel sticky but will be manageable. It should be soft. Knead the dough using your fingertips. Add 2-3 tsp of oil and cover the dough. Keep this dough aside to let it rest for at least an hour in a warm place. Do not disturb the dough at this stage.
For garlic Butter:
1. In a bowl take the butter, garlic paste, Italian seasoning and mix well. Keep aside.
1. In another bowl mix together boiled corn kernels, capsicum, cheese.
1. After an hour check the dough. It should have risen to double its size. Now apply some oil on your palms and gently knead the dough for 5-10 mins. Make a ball of this dough by tucking in the from sides. Divide the dough in two parts.
2. On the platform sprinkle some maida/all purpose flour. Take one ball of the dough and using your finger flatten the dough ball from sides and keep expanding make a round shape. You can use rolling pin also.
3. Apply the garlic butter on the inner surface of the bread and add the prepared stuffing.
4. Fold the dough by lifting the upper edge and sticking down to the lower edge forming a semi circle. Seal the edge properly.
5. Apply garlic butter on the outer surface generously and sprinkle some oregano and chilli flakes.
6. Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 15 Mins and serve with mayonnaise dip.
Note: Every oven is different this temperature is basic for all ovens. I have a Samsung smart microwave. Hence the temperature I use is 190 degree for 15 mins on high rack.
Leave a Reply