Hey!!! Today am posting a healthy, tasty, easy and light breakfast recipe for healthy start to the day. Using oats in your dish can be tricky. It is sticky when cooked and regular oats do not contain any flavor. I am always experimenting with oats and oats pancakes/Chilla are by far my favorite. It is a very easy dish to make and they are very tasty. It is always advisable to eat oats in your breakfast. Hence I normally use oats in most of my breakfast dishes. The ingredients are very simple…lets check them out…
Oats (Any brand) – 200 gms
Semolina- 75 gms
Curd- 4 tbsp
Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste- 2 tbsp
Chilli Flakes- 1 tbsp
Oregano- 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Water for batter
The method for making the batter is even more simple. All you need is patience to cook these pancakes/Chilla. Always use a non stick tawa/pan to cook as oats tend to become stickier. Lets check out the method.
1. Grind the oats and make powder. In a bowl add the powdered oats, semolina, curd, Ginger-Garlic-Green Chilli Paste, chilli flakes, oregano and salt and mix well to form batter.
2. The consistency of the batter should be flowy, not too thick and not too watery, like a dosa batter. If the batter appears thick add some water to get the consistency. Let this batter rest for half an hour.
3. After half an hour check the consistency and if thick then add some more water as oats tend to soak the water content.
4. Switch on the gas and keep on low flame let. Once the non stick tawa/pan becomes warm spread the batter using a ladle. Let it cook on low flame on one side. Then switch the side and let it cook on the other side.
5. Serve hot with dip/chutney of choice.
Tip: Always cook oats on low flame. If you feel the temperature of the pan has become too high drizzle some water on it. I do not grease the chilla from sides. You can use oil/ghee/butter to grease the chilla on sides. You can add onions or veges of choice in the batter.