Summers have set and its time to have loads of ice cream now. I have made this simple yet extremely creamy and delicious strawberry ice cream. I have made fresh strawberry puree and strawberry crush (store bought). I have not used any additional color. The fresh strawberries give a nice punch to the taste and the crush gives a nice sweetness. I have also used strawberry bits in it. try it out and you will not ask for store bought one ever again.
Milk – 1 liter
Non dairy (whipping cream) – 1 and 1/2 cup
Sugar – 12 tbsp
GMS powder – 1 tbsp
CMC powder – 1/4 tsp
Cornflour – 2 tbsp
Milk Powder – 5 tbsp
Strawberry puree – 2 cups
Strawberry crush – 1/2 cup
Strawberry essence – 1 tsp
Strawberry (small roughly chopped bits) – 1 cup
1) Take the milk (except half a cup)in a heavy bottom deep vessel and let it boil on low flame. Stir the milk once or twice so that it does not burn. Keep a low flame throughout.
2) When the milk comes to one boil add the sugar and stir the milk.
3) Mix the cornflour, gms powder, cmc powder and milk powder in half cup of milk and mix well. There should be no lumps. Now add this to the boiling milk and stir well. The flame should be on low constantly.
4) Let the milk boil for 10 minutes. After ten minutes the consistency of the milk will change. It will become thick.
5) Do not over boil the milk or else the ice cream will feel chewy. The milk should be boiled only to become little thick. Switch off the gas and let the milk come to room temperature.
6) Now set the milk in ice cream container for at least 7 to 8 hours in the freezer.
7) After 8 Hours take the set ice cream in a vessel of choice and churn it using beater or blender till the ice particles have completely melted. Now add the cream and churn it again for at least 15 minutes the volume will double and the texture will become smooth and creamy. Now add the strawberry puree, strawberry crush and strawberry essence and churn for 5 minutes. The beating process is very important do not hurry this process and beat it till 15-20 minutes. Half liter milk will double in volume. The texture will become smooth and creamy and all the ice particles will melt. Finally add the strawberry chopped bits and mix it well.
8) Now pour the ice cream in ice cream container and set it for 9-10 hours.
9) After 9-10 hours the ice cream is all set to be served.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/