Hi guys! Haldi Dudh/Turmeric Milk has a huge significance in building our immunity. Haldi/Turmeric is the miracle spice that helps in building your immunity weather you take it in its plant form (which looks very much like ginger) or as a spice. When we fall sick specially if we have cold or sore throat warm Haldi/Turmeric milk is always given as an immunity booster. I have used the traditional and easy turmeric milk recipe to make it into a Pana Cotta. Pana Cotta is a delicious creamy and milky Italian Dessert or sweet dish. I have tried to infuse the taste of haldi/turmeric milk into this Italian dessert method and it turned out so delicious and yummy. I have used Organi Krishi Turmeric Powder and it is so amazing the turmeric is grown organically and is perfect for your day to day recipes. The turmeric smells so fresh and the color is perfect natural turmeric and no artificial colors are added. The taste is subtle and worked perfect for me. I easily switched from regular turmeric powder to Organic Krishi turmeric powder as it healthy and specially for times like today we need that immunity booster. Lets get making this amazing dessert…
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Milk – 1 cup
Fresh Cream/Amul cream – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Elaichi powder – 1/2 tsp
Agar Agar – 1 tsp
Warm water – 3 tbsp
Dry fruits (cashews, almonds, walnuts and pistachios) (chopped) – 1/2 cup
Kesar strands – a few
Fennel seeds/Saunf – 1 tsp
1) In a saucepan take the milk, sugar, elaichi powder, kesar strands and cream and let it become bit warm. Keep stirring. Do not let it boil.
2) Meanwhile mix together the agar agar and warm water and mix it well till the agar agar is dissolved.
3) Now add the agar agar mixture to the milk and mix it well. Do not let the milk boil. After adding agar agar keep stirring and mix it well till no lumps. Switch off the gas.
4) Pour this milk into glasses or pana cotta rings/dessert rings and keep to set it into fridge. Let it set for an hour or so.
5) Serve chilled, garnished with chopped nuts and fennel seeds.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/