Hi!! Summer is almost over and with that the season of one of my favorite fruit “the king of all fruits” i.e. Mango also is coming to an end. Alphonso Mango is the king of mangoes also. The taste of this mango is absolutely juicy and delicious. Every Mango season I make at least one dessert using mangoes. This summer I decided to make a simple and easy dessert of Mango ice cream which is so creamy and tasty and needs no additional essence to enhance its flavor as the Mangoes itself have all the flavors you need. I have not added any essence but if you need that additional punch of mango flavor you can add mango essence. I have given a small twist to my mango ice cream and the added ingredient gave a nice punch to the recipe. For me this recipe worked perfect. So lets get chilling with this yummy ice cream.
Just a few pointers: Use heavy bottom pan for cooking the milk. Beat the set ice cream using a beater or Boss Blender and beat till the volume doubles and the texture is completely creamy. There should be no ice particles left once you beat it. The Volume will double at this stage. Always set the ice cream in aluminium ice cream box or tupperware box. Do not set in steel as steel will form ice easily.
Alphonso Mangoe juice/puree- 2 cups (approx. 4 mangoes if large in size)
Alphonso Mago (chopped into bits) – 2 Large mangoes
Full Fat Milk- 1 Liter and 1/2 cup
Sugar- 10 tbsp
Milk Powder- 3 Tbsp
Cornflour/Corn Starch- 2 Tbsp
Amul fresh cream or homemade Malai/Cream – 2 cups
Pudina (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp
1) Take the milk in a heavy bottom deep vessel and let it boil on low flame. Stir the milk once or twice so that it does not burn. Keep a low flame throughout.
2) When the milk comes to one boil add the sugar and stir the milk.
3) Mix the cornflour and milk powder in half cup of milk and mix well. There should be no lumps. Now add this to the boiling milk and stir well. The flame should be on low constantly.
4) Let the milk boil for 10 minutes. After ten minutes the consistency of the milk will change. It will become thick.
5) Do not over boil the milk or else the ice cream will feel chewy. The milk should be boiled only to become little thick. Switch off the gas and let the milk come to room temperature.
6) Now set the milk in ice cream container for at least 7 to 8 hours in the freezer.
7) After 8 Hours take the set ice cream in a vessel of choice and churn it using beater or blender till the ice particles have completely melted. Now add the cream and churn it again for at least 15 minutes the volume will double and the texture will become smooth and creamy. Now add the mango puree and churn for 5 minutes. The beating process is very important do not hurry this process and beat it till 15-20 minutes. Half liter milk will double in volume. The texture will become smooth and creamy and all the ice particles will melt. Finally add the mango chopped bites and pudina and mix it well.
8) Now pour the ice cream in ice cream container and top it with mango bites and set it for 9-10 hours.
9) After 9-10 hours the ice cream is all set to be served.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/