Hi all!! I love just love cookies specially during the rainy days. Dip a warm cookie in hot milk and get lost in a world of sweetness. Involve your kids in this baking these cookies and enjoy eating the dough or the cookie. These butter cookies are very simple to make and you will require very few ingredients. Make the shape as you desire. Without further ado lets get cooking these delicious cookies…
Maida/All purpose flour – 2 cups
Butter (Unsalted) – 1 cup
Powdered sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Soda bi Carb – 1/4 tsp
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Beat the butter with sugar for 1 to 2 minutes, until its creamy and fluffly in texture with an beater.
3. Sieve together the all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Now add sieved dry ingredients and vanilla essence to the beaten butter and mix using the spatula. Once incorporated use your hands and bring together to form a dough. Do not knead too hard just enough to form a dough.
5. Cover the dough and keep it to chill in the fridge for an hour. After an hour take out the dough it will be stiff and ready.
6. Make small round balls out of the dough flatten it a little in disc shape or cylindrical shape as you desire and place it in the baking tray line with butter paper. Keep these cookies in the freezer for ten minutes.
7. After ten minutes bake these cookies for 15 minutes at 180 degrees and serve warm with milk.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/