Hey guys!! The recipe I am posting today is a scrumptious and yummy punjabi recipe. It is a type of Indian bread. It is a meal in itself and is full of calories. However indulgence of such kind once in a while is allowed. This recipe seems like it is complicated but is very easy to make and once you try it you will always make it with your curries. You can eat these delicious kulcha with any curry or just plain with amli chutney or just dahi/curd.
Maida/All Purpose Flour- 1 Cup
Wheat Flour- 1 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Baking Powder- 1 tsp
Baking Soda- 1/4 tsp
Curd/Dahi- 1/4 cup
Milk Powder – 1 tbsp
Garlic Powder- 1 tsp
White Sesame Seeds- 1 tsp
Oil for kneading
Lukewarm water- 1/4 cup (use as required)
Paneer (grated)- 1/2 cup
Processed Cheese/Mozzarella Cheese- 1/4 cup
Onion (finely chopped)- 1 medium
Coriander leaves (finely chopped)- 1/4 cup
Salt- 1/4 tsp
Green Chilly (finely chopped)- 1 tbsp
Chat Masala – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Butter – 1/2 cup (at room temperature)
Black Sesame Seeds – 2 tsp
White Sesame Seeds- 2 tsp
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 2-3 tbsp
1) In a bowl sieve the Maida, Wheat flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and salt together. Now mix the garlic powder, milk powder and white sesame seeds.
2) Add the lukewarm water slowly and keep kneading. Knead the dough for 10 mins atleast to form a soft dough. Cover the dough and keep aside for 15 mins.
1) While the dough is resting lets prepare the stuffing.
2) In a bowl take the paneer, cheese, onion and coriander leaves. Now add the salt, chat masala, green chilly and chat masala and mix well.
3) Keep aside.
1) After resting the dough will become smooth and soft. Apply some oil on your palms and knead the dough again for 2-3 mins.
2) Now make round balls of the dough approx 5-6 balls.
3) Take one ball and roll it into a small disc. Now add approx 1 tbsp filling in between the disc and seal it making a ball again.
4) Sprinkle some flour on the rolling table and roll the stuffed ball as prepared above. Roll into small kulchas of around 5″.
5) Prepare all the kulchas in this manner.
6) Take a regular tava (do not use non stick tava). Take the kulcha as prepares above and apply some water on the upper surface of this kulcha. Press this on the tava. Press some black and sesame seed and chopped corainder leaved on top. Invert the tava on the flame of the gas. The kulcha will stay stuck to the tava and will cook on the outer side. Cook on low flame till brown spots start to appear.
7) Remove it using tongs. Sprinkle butter, black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds and coriander leaves on top.
8) Prepare all kulchas this way and serve hot with chole or amli chutney.
For my recipe on chole click on the link below:
Leave a Reply