Hey friends!!! The king of fruits is here. Summer has begun and so has season of one of my favorite fruit “Mango”. Alphonso Mangoes are juicy and yummy. These mangoes are available only during the three months of summer hence mangoes are a must for everyday. Today I am posting recipe for Mango Lassi. Lassi is Punjabi drink made of curd and compliments your lunch very well. You can have it after dinner also. Yummy and tasty can be made with just four ingredients. You can serve lassi as a welcome drink during summers. Curd is very good for cooling down your body. Being a seasonal fruit I use mangoes for making a variety of dishes. Mango Lassi is very easy to make with easily available ingredients. Serve it chilled with ice and cool down this summer.
Alphonso Mango- 1 Large size
Chilled Curd- 200 gms/ 1 Cup
Powdered Sugar- 2 tbsp
Cream/ Malai – 2 tbsp
- Remove the skin of the alphonso mango and cut into small pieces.
- Blend the mango pieces into smooth paste.
- Blend the curd, sugar and 1 tbsp cream/malai using blender.
- Add the mango paste to the curd mixture and mix gently. Do not blend at this point just fold gently as the lassi needs to be thick in consistency.
- Serve chilled.
- You can add more sugar as per your taste. For me this is perfect amount as mangoes have their own sweetness.
- You can add all the ingredients together and blend it all together also but blend it gently on slow the lassi has to be thick in consistency.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/