Hey guys…I am back with my strawberry mania. I have already posted two recipes of strawberries and this is yet another one. I love strawberries and couldn’t stop myself from making this yummy and delicious jam. Made with fresh strawberries jam is the best way to satisfy your berry urge for few months. It is very easy to make this and hassle free method. The ingredients used are very basic and readily available. No chemicals used in this recipe. I have used less sugar as fresh strawberries have their own sweetness. If you have an sweet tooth you can add more sugar. As I have always been saying store in glass bottle or tupperware box. Do not use regular plastic to store for long period. You can store this jam for upto 8 months. Lets start then…..
Fresh strawberries- 1 1/2 kg
Sugar- 400 grams
Citric Acid- 1/4 tsp or 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Wash and roughly chop the fresh strawberries.
2. Grind the strawberries in a mixture to make a smooth puree.
3. Sieve the puree once to get a smooth texture.
4. In a deep heavy bottom pan add the puree and sugar and cook on medium flame while stirring occasionally. Use a non stick pan the mixture should not stick to the bottom.
5. Allow this mixture to cook for at-least 20 to 25 minutes. The mixture will start thickening.
6. After 25 minutes add the citric acid or lemon juice to the mixture and check the consistency of the jam. Take a drop of jam on a plate using a spoon and rotate the plate. The drop of jam will not run down the plate and stick to the spot. Its will be like a drop of red ruby on the plate. If the jam is runny let it cook for some more time.
7. Once the jam is ready let it cool down to room temperature. Once it comes to room temperature the jam will already be bit sticky and that is how you know it is ready to use. Store it in airtight bottle and keep in cool and dry place.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/