First of all hats off to all the food bloggers you take awesome photos. The hardest is taking photograph of ice cream. I gave up after few tries as my ice cream would start melting. The hot summer here is unforgiving. But the ice cream cools you down.
Its the start of summers and hence the start of season of ice cream cravings. I love ice creams and who doesn’t!! I love making ice creams at home as I can experiment with the flavors and combinations as per my mood. I am a huge fan of chocolate ice cream but nothing beats the classic and creamy vanilla ice cream topped with syrup/crush of your choice. Today I am posting classic vanilla ice cream recipe which is creamilicious and yummy. I have not used any added preservatives. Very easy and simple to make you will love this classic vanilla ice cream. So Lets get cooking……..
Just a few pointers: Use heavy bottom pan for cooking the milk. Beat the set ice cream using a beater or Boss Blender and beat till the volume doubles and the texture is completely creamy. There should be no ice particles left once you beat it. The Volume will double at this stage. I use non dairy whipping cream of any brand you can use homemade cream or Amul cream. Always set the ice cream in aluminium ice cream box or tupperware box. Do not set in steel as steel will form ice easily.
Full Fat Milk- 1/2 Liter
Milk- Half cup (for mixing)
Sugar- 8 tbsp
Milk Powder- 3 Tbsp
Cornflour/Corn Starch- 2 Tbsp
Milkmaid/Condensed Milk- 3 tbsp
Vanilla Essence- 4-5 drops
Non Dairy Whipping cream- 1 cup (If using homemade cream- 2 cups and if using Amul cream or any other ready packet dairy cream – 200 grams)
1) Take the milk in a heavy bottom deep vessel and let it boil on low flame. Stir the milk once or twice so that it does not burn.
2) When the milk comes to one boil add the sugar and milkmaid and stir the milk.
3) Mix the cornflour and milk powder and add half cup of milk in this and mix well. There should be no lumps.
4) Now add this cornflour, milk powder and milk mixture to the boiling milk and stir well. The flame should be on low constantly.
5) Let the milk boil for 10 minutes. After ten minutes the consistency of the milk will change. It will become thick.
6) Do not over boil the milk or else the ice cream will feel chewy. The milk should be boiled only to become little thick the volume will remain the same.
7) Switch off the gas and let the milk come to room temperature.
8) Now set the milk in ice container for at least 7 to 8 hours in the freezer.
9) After 8 Hours take the set ice cream in a vessel of choice and churn it using beater or blender till the ice particles have completely melted. Now add the cream and vanilla essence and churn it again for at least 15 minutes the volume will double and the texture will become smooth and creamy. The beating process is very important do not hurry this process and beat it till 15 minutes. Half liter milk will double in volume giving you 1 liter ice cream. The texture will become smooth and creamy and all the ice particles will melt. Now set this ice cream again in ice cream container for 9-10 hours.
10) After 9-10 hours the ice cream is all set. Serve topped with crush/syrup of your choice.
Leave a Reply