Hi Peeps!! In my recipe of Strawberry Love I had used homemade strawberry crush. Today I am posting the recipe of strawberry crush. It is a very simple recipe and can be stored easily for duration of 6 months. This crush can be used to make many different drinks such as Strawberry Smoothie, Strawberry Milkshake, Lassi, Strawberry Lime, etc and it can be used as topping in desserts such ice creams, cakes, etc. I love to make strawberry cream shake using this crush. This is the best method to store strawberry for longer period and for strawberry lovers like me it is heaven and yummylicious. The method to store this crush is important. The bottle should be washed and dried thoroughly a day before. If possible dry the bottle in sun for few hours. Use glass, ceremic or tupperware bottles. Avoid using regular plastic bottles for longer storage. So friends…lets get cooking….
Strawberry- 500 grams
Sugar- 8 Tbsp
Citric Acid- 1 Tsp
Water- 1 liter
- Wash the strawberries and roughly chop them.
- Semi crush the strawberries using a blender. Do not make a paste keep it semi crushed.
- In a heavy bottom pan add the sugar and water and switch on the gas. Let the water boil till the sugar dissolves. Keep flame on medium.
- Once the sugar dissolves bring the mixture to boil till it thickens a little. Boil it for 10 mins and switch off the gas. Remember the mixture should not be too thick. Just let it boil for ten mins it will become of syrup consistency.
- Let the water and sugar syrup come to room temperature. Then add the semi crushed strawberries to this mixture and mix well.
- Now add the citric acid and mix well.
- Store this in a bottle. Store this in a cool and dry place for longer shelf life.
I am a lawyer by profession but love to cook. Being a foodie myself I keep trying variations with my recipes. My blog is all about my experiments and experience with food. You can follow me on instagram, twitter and facebook all having handles alawyerskitchen. I am also on the food reviewer panel with GoToChef, which is the perfect platform to check out reviews on various food products and also find recipes using the same. You can also find me on blogchatter https://www.theblogchatter.com/user/shailparekhthosani
and pinterest https://in.pinterest.com/alawyerskitchen2018/